News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Master EQ

Started by Deane, September 10, 2011, 09:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Dan,
On all my keyboards I had a "Master EQ" from which I could adjust the overall sound to match the speaker system I use.  Is there a "Master EQ" setting on vArranger?

Deane

Dan

Hi Deane,

The Master EQ, is depending on the sound module capabilities.

The SD2 own only a BASS BOOST EQ where you can add (or kill) some BASS.  (go on the OPTION/MASTER)
But I use it only with SD4 because it lacks of BASS compared to SD2

There is also on each track (double click on the track) a 'Filter cut off frequency' that can be used to add some brightness to the sound.

Personally the only adjusting that I do is lowering a little bit the BASS track volume.  I advice you to assign the BASS volume to one of your keyboard slider. So you can adapt the BASS volume LIVE

Lionel

Hi Dan,

Having mentioned about BASS BOOST EQ.. can we have that either assigned to a controller or
can we possibly have save to song where each song has its own character.

I usually find that the bass is the thing I need to watch out for on most of the songs played.

I know you can use the mixer / PA amp EQ but that also takes away the bass character of all instruments.

Does the 'Filter cut off frequency' also save for each song.

Thanks
Lionel

Deane

Lionel and Dan,
The point you make is very important for the music I play.  I use Bose Compact L1 speakers and they are very bright.  When properly EQd they are the best sounding
speakers you can think of.  I am finding many of the Yamaha styles really need to
be fine tuned via EQing to sound pleasant.   I play only for senior citizens and they
are very critical of the overall sound - some with hearing aides - some with hearing
issues.  So, it is important that each song I play can be played at a moderate volume
and have a rounded balanced sound. 

I guess I could ad a mixer to the setup but I would rather be able to fine tune each song a Lionel suggests and know they will sound great.

Deane

Dan

The BASS BOOST is more a one time setting. Maybe I will add it on SAVE STARTUP SETTINGS
If I remember well, you can edit the brightness of each track (double click on the track, then change the "CUT OFF FREQ") then save your Yamaha style

My first studies was on earing aides. What I can say is, more the audience is OLD, and more you have to be careful with Decibels :)

Remeber, the setting who is the more important is the BASS TRACK VOLUME.