News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Setup to use Ketron SD90 for sound output

Started by Akkordeonhansel, June 01, 2023, 07:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akkordeonhansel

Hello all,

anyone that who connected a Ketron SD90 a the sound source (output)?
I tried each midi in ports of the SD90, but its not reacting to the input it receives.
It didn´t work on midi in 1(GM) or midi in2 (Keyboard).
Seems it is not picking up the midi input.

In the playmodes I chose as input Master Keyboard. In the midi settings I tried different from Standard to Keyboard right voice, Keyboard & styles, Computer & Sequencer - nothing.

Can the midi input from vArranger produce all the styles voices on right side and accompanying side overall? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Newbies have a lot of riddels to solve..... ;-) But I am looking forward to take advantage of all the styles that are offered in the restricted user area - when I get them to sould like expected.

Anyone who knows my problem and can advice?

Thanks for help.

Cheers
Stefan

Akkordeonhansel

Solved by myself :-)

Pretty easy in the end.

As I was using the SD90 sandalone with an midi accordion before, I had faders of player turned down.
Now that I am comming with an external signal into SD90 it seems, that the player slider needs to be turned on.

At least that did the trick - I have the style from VA2 playing on the SD90.

The sounding styles seem wrongly mapped though. Sounds a little weird. Hmmmmm?

Cheers
Stefan

Dan

Great to see it working with the SD9
I don't have a SD9 my self
There is an infinite number of styles that can be found here and on internet, that has been created for different keyboards.
Not all styles will sound good with all synth sound sources, but vArranger tries to help.
In the OPTIONS / MIDIPORTS screen, above the MIDIOUT list, you have another list with the mode of midi out
I think for the SD9, you should select the SD1000 mode. Is it what you still have?

For Ketron Synth, you can try those styles of Ketron SD5 : https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,4066.0.html