News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger clashing with cubase 12 (on windows 10 64bit)

Started by alpal01, March 15, 2023, 11:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alpal01

I can't run vArranger with cubase 12 at the same time - if I start cubase first I can see the midi data from my controller keyboard and can record it onto cubase etc, however when I start up vArranger as well vArranger won't respond to the same controller keyboard and I get the familiar warning from vArranger 'short on memory' etc. (you know what I mean), when I reboot windows and I start vArranger first all is good, I can play chords etc. into it from my controller keyboard but when I start up cubase 12 as well it has no indication of any midi inputs from same controller keyboard even though it is patched in as well into cubase.
It sounds like the two software programs are seriously clashing with each other when running simultaneously.   

Dan

Windows does not allow many programs to use the same midi device together
Only one

freakman

Hi,

This only works via an internal midi connection to 1 audio output or USB audio interface with multiple inputs and outputs
Then run your programs only via the internal Midi connection.
LoopBe or another.

alpal01

Thanks, I have installed LoopBe30 version, expanded it to eight 'slots', but it's annoying that the operational instructions are near to nothing - i.e. - I now have a selection of from one to eight midi inputs and outputs on devices, but 'how' do I configure each one with LoopBe30 ? - what do I assign each individual input and output on each device to ??

freakman

You don't have to assign anything specifically, just set Midi Out from the VA2 to Internal Midi OUT 1 or 2 in the configuration.
And in the DAW or Soundexpander select the Internal Midi IN 1 or 2 you have chosen.
Then all will be forwarded to them.

If you use the internal midi in the VA2, make sure that you set the audio port so that the VA2 does not access the PC.
Preferably DirectSound or a driver that is not used.
Otherwise you'll have the same problem again.