News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

No word

Started by pilkam, February 16, 2023, 11:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pilkam

It's incredible.
Some years ago, I got VArranger software for 349 euros.
Three years ago I paid another 50 euros for annual updates
Now, I need to reinstall VArranger on a new computer and I can't find a copy of old installation files, just the Vsynth software .
I asked to him, but Dan said that I have to pay another 50 euro if I want to reinstall the software, because he don't have older version to send me.
Do you think that is it right ?
I have buyed the software and he must give me installation file, even if it is and old version
I have no more words, it is not a correct way

pilkam

Dan, please, could you reply ?

freakman

Hi,

That is not OK.

VA2 has always had problems and was recognized as Visru.
You may find the data in the virus folder on your old computer.
All you have to do is specify them as not virus, then you can find them again.
Normally these are then in the quarantine folder.
Maybe you can still find her.

claudio

Today Pikam is having difficulty reinstalling the software on his new computer since he has not found a backup copy of the software.
Dan can you tell me if this situation is repeated every day (I don't think so)
Could you make an exception and send him the executable file.

THANKS

Claudio

pilkam

Thank you very much, Claudio and Freakman

The old links that Dan gave me, (where I could download varranger2), now are offline of course (it was 2020, but In 2020 I paid for a year of upgrades)

May be it's my fault, about the fact that I can't find a backup on my disks etc

But, really, I can't understand why I can't have a copy about a software that I have paid

Dan

I will be back tomorrow evening

Dan

Hello Pilkam,
I am sorry about your situation
This is not something against you, but this is something very common in software wolrd.
This is not something special with vArranger, but most of companies can't maintain and be able to provide old versions of software without limit of time
Even if you bought the software, I don't think Microsoft can give you a download of Windows 7 , Windows 8, maybe they have already stopped to provide windows 10 download now that windows 11 is released
The same for office, the same with most music software too
Try to download from the company old version of Steinberg Halion or NI software that you bought
To be able to do what you ask, I would need to save somewhere the files of each of my users, in case of they loose them
Even if I save all files, I would not be able to help and give much support in case of problems with old versions
So users must know that I don't have a backup of your vArranger files. I can only provide the latest version of vArranger in case of problems

pilkam

No Dan, I can go to Steinberg site and download the old versions, for example Cubase 10 and 11, and so in other vendors (Ableton Live too).
Just IK Multimedia asked me 9 euros to redownload installation files.

I also paid to you 50 euros in 2020 for annual support and how many updates have you done in 2020 ?
I think you have to give me the 2020 varranger version, because I have paid for 2020 included.

May be , is you that must refund who paid you every year for no updates, me included.

I regret to tell that I think you are not really honest and of course I'll never give you a cents

What a great person !

regards

musicmaker84

I was in a similar situation that I had ,,lost" my installation files and needed to contact Dan. I had to pay, too, but I saw the responsibility with me. Keeping backups of installation files of your most important if not all software is just good housekeeping. I second the suggestion to check your quarantined files with Windows Defender.

On the other hand I can understand your frustration with the subscription cost and no updates received since. Three years after Dan had come up with this idea and was supported by many users to go ahead with a subscription, we all hopefully have realized that a potential update is just vaporware by now. I do not expect anything anymore.

I keep using vArranger more than ever. It does what I need it to do, but my exit strategy in case my dongle should fail one day is to rely on hardware arrangers.

Thirdly, Dan should purchase Cantabile and then keep subscribed to the yearly updates and observe how it is done. From one-to-one email support within 24 hours to the implementation of new features based on user votes, Brad's handling of his software and customer base is stellar.