News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

varranger with motif rack

Started by ramush, August 30, 2011, 02:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

varranger+motif rack?

is the combination with the SD2 the best one?
0 (0%)
varranger+motif rack?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

ramush

Hi,I have read many discusions about varranger and SD2.Since I have motif rack es,I realy want to know,how it would work with varranger. Has anybody tried,or has anybody got an opinion? Thanks!                  Regards!

Dan

Hi Ramush,

If you use vArranger + Ketron SD2, you will get directly out of the box an amazing and impressing sound.

If you use other GM/GS/GM2/XG/VST sound modules, you will sometimes have to tune it a little bit, adjusting volumes, reverb...select sound....

Note also that, to be able to play most of the Ketron styles, you need the Ketron SD2, because they are using a track with LIVE DRUMS who are only inside the SD2

Yamaha styles are sounding good on XG keyboards.

If you don't like to take time to tune the sounds and styles but prefer a ready to go solution => Get the Ketron SD2

If you already have a sound module that you love, and want to add a good arranger feature to it, without buying a new sound module, you can.

Note that I am really open to the idea of improving other modules support. I am just waiting for the people who need them.

You can also use the Motif ES + Ketron SD2 together.

You will get the best of the 2 worlds.  You can for example save your style to use the drums, bass and guitar from SD2, the strings and piano from the Motif ES.

Also create a right hand sound preset that will use a sax sound from SD2 + a trumpet from motif ES....

Everything is possible.

Most of the vArranger users own the Ketron SD2/SD4 but it will maybe change one day.

Hope this will help you to decide a little bit more ;)

Regards,

Dan