News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Considering re-purchasing vA - midi latency question...

Started by pax-eterna, July 13, 2022, 09:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pax-eterna

When I use vA several years back I had noticeable "lag" between a press of the keyboard (external controller) and the new chord starting...It got so I had to actually play a chord several microseconds before the next downbeat (IE somewhere between beats 4 and 1, depending on the density of the style) and where there were more than  2 chords in a bar, next to impossible!

Has this improved over the ensuing years?

Never had many issue with audio latency, just this lagging MIDI which was over USB btw,

Thanks

pax-eterna

So for everyone MIDI latency is perfect.....wow! I guess for home bedroom players it's satisfactory I guess.

Dan

Welcome back

I myself don't feel any difference when I play hardware arrangers or vArranger with a basic usb keyboard and the vArranger Software Synthesizer
No lags or latency.
By the way, with any arrangers, usually new bass and accomp notes will play exactly at the downbeat, so better to play the chords a "little bit" before the downbeat
vArranger is a lot better today than 5 years ago

pax-eterna

Quote from: Dan on July 14, 2022, 08:36:37 PM
Welcome back

I myself don't feel any difference when I play hardware arrangers or vArranger with a basic usb keyboard and the vArranger Software Synthesizer
No lags or latency.
By the way, with any arrangers, usually new bass and accomp notes will play exactly at the downbeat, so better to play the chords a "little bit" before the downbeat
vArranger is a lot better today than 5 years ago

Ok thanks Dan - I'll have a serious think about it and get back to you via the shop website. I'll need to re-purchase :)