News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Creating a Playlist

Started by Bernie9, August 12, 2011, 09:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

What is the proper way of creating  songlists for different occasions ?

I tried copying songs from my song list into  a new folder named Playlists, then a subfolder for a particular job.  The trouble is I am in windows environment and won't load anything.

Obviously, this is wrong.

Bernie

Deane

Bernie.
All I did was place a folder in the Song folder of VA's data folder then copy the songs(styles) into the folder I created.  Worked just fine.
Deane

Bernie9

Deane

Thanks for the reply, will look at it again.

Bernie

Bernie9

Since I have too many toys, vArranger was on the back burner while I got my Audya ready.  I am now back to vArranger and discovered I have forgotten even basic functions.  I have gone back to the beginning of the forum and printed out each version update in an effort to catch up.

To keep it simple, I want to get ready for a gig on Friday.  I have about sixty songs on My Songs bar.  I want to have ten or so handy for fast selection.  I copied them into a playlist folder and into data arranger.  When I press "Load" and go to that playlist folder, I can choose style alright, but it doesn't have the Sound Bar or any other changes.

I could rearrange the " My Songs" bar but that would mess up my alphabetical arrangement.  How can I have a folder for a specific gig made up and be able to substitute them for my present list in "My Songs" where the saved registrations are already there.

Dan

Why not create a new folder for your gig.
To do that,
Just right click on any song you like, and click on COPY TO ... your folders's GIG  (you need the version 1.13)

If you want to see only your gig folder, just click on MY SONGS FOLDER... and move the other folders to another place in your HD.
Put here only what you want to be easilly reachable for your gig.

Bernie9

Bernie9

Using v1.3, I made new gig folder in data arranger along with my other songs.  I then selected the songs from my song bar and right clicked the name and chose "copy to".  I changed the name of the style to the song name and I chose the gig folder to copy it to.  Now, the gig name is in the song bar and when selected puts all of my songs in the upper left.

I hope this is the way you meant, but it sure is great way of creating a list without scrolling around to find it.

Thanks Dan, great work.

Bernie

Bernie9

Dan

As you said, I can now use " Move To" to unclutter my song bar and leave different gig folders .

Dan

You got it.
Copy to... duplicate the file from the source folder to the destination folder
Move to... move the file from the source folder to the destination folder. It is not in the source folder any more.

If you need to remove completely the folder from the My songs bar, the do it directly on Windows