News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Problems Saving

Started by Bernie9, May 22, 2010, 07:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

Dan
On the new version you said that you had made the requested changes and fixed some bugs.  The problem is, since you were not specific, I don't know a bug from an unfinshed refinement.  It is also possible that I am doing something wrong.

I will list some things and you can tell me the status.

1. The left hand is set to Oct +1.  I want to lower it to 0.  I change while left hand track is red, then change to right track and save.  No change.

2. Have you made it so other track volumes and instruments can be saved yet ?

3. What is the relationship between track 9(left 1) and "Left' on the right.  Which one do you adjust to save ?

The whole point is, that eventually we will be able to save all volumes and sounds, and I don't know how far along you are.  I don't want to tear my hair out trying to do something the program is not capable of.

Dan

Hi Bernie,

1.  The octave of right hand and left hand is a global setting. So after you set them as you want, just click on SAVE then STARTUP CONFIG.

2.  For now, You can save all the styles tracks volumes and instruments, as well as the Right and Left global instrument. But not yet, your own personal presets combination (right 1 to 5). I am working on it.

3. vArranger can play 3 instruments simultaneously for the left hand : on the track 9 (left1) and track 10 (left 2) and track 11 (left 3).

The left track in the "master" section, is a special track to change the instruments of the 3 lefts tracks together.

You will note that vArranger provide you 400 presets ready to play for thoses master tracks.

Can you share with us what is the sound you want to create?

Dan

Bernie9

You have solved by biggest problem of saving octave changes.  No wonder it wouldn't save in "Song" folder.

Regarding the Master presets, I don't know anything about this.  I have noticed on occasion that the right three tracks automatically are loaded, but don't know why or how.

Sometimes I need to fine tune the accompaniment, change the bass, or lower or raise volumes.  Will this come in the future ?

I will try later on to take my field recorder to my band gig, to get you a sonic example of how good I(vArranger) sounds.

You are doing a great job, and, as Lionel say, it is hard to keep track of changes, and even know everything the program can do.  On the other hand, if it means taking time away from your complete save project, I, for one, will muddle through and let you complete that.  To me, having the ability to save my settings throughout, is of primary importance.

I can't help but to draw a comparison between the rapid developement of vArranger and slow pace of Livestyler.  I am thinking of selling a couple of my arrangers.

Thanks Dan

Dan

Hi Bernie,

For now, You can already fine tune the accomp, change the bass, change voumes and FX of the style.... and save it with the song.

I will now try to explain more about the vArranger sounds.

• The Ketron SD2 can play 16 instruments together. You can see 16 tracks on the vArranger screen (mixer) who represents them.

• We decided to split the 16 instruments like this :

• 8 tracks for the accompagnment (1 Drums, 1 Perc, 1 Bass, 5 accomp)
  • 3 tracks for the left hand, (left1, left 2, left 3)
  • 4 tracks for the right hand (right 1, right 2, right 3, right 4)
  • one track for the Second Voice, who is an optionnaly sound to add to the right sound. for example, adding sometimes strings on the piano sound by pressing th 2nd voice button.

• You can select one of the 627 internal Ketron SD2 sound for each of the 16 SD2 channels. To simplify your life, and not have to search into 627 sounds, we splited the SD2 sound bank into 20 sound group, grouping together all Pianos, Sax.... Thoses sounds are displayed with a small and green 'Single' label.

• You also can change a lot of sound settings for each of the 16 tracks, to fine tune the sound. (Adding, Reverb, FX, Pan, ...)

• NOW : In live condition, we don't want to think about all that. We just need an easy way to select the right hand (and the left hand) sound. So, we added 2 special tracks LEFT and RIGHT (in the master section) to help you selecting 'ready to play' sounds, also grouped by sound group. There is 2 kind of 'ready to play' sounds :

• The 627 SD2 internal sounds (with the green single label) with basic settings (volume, reverb). Placed on the Right 1 or Left 1. The others R and L tracks are OFF.
  • 400 new sounds (with a red Multi label) who use many tracks (right 1 2 3 4 or left 1 2 3) with some special settings who make the SD2 sounds SO GOOD. For example, select the RIGHT track, then select the ACCORDION sound group, then select the BALERA sound (note the red Multi label). Then look at the Right 1 2 3 4 tracks. This sound will play 3 sounds together. Musette, Fisa, and tango. Volumes are well mixed, Pans are done to get stereo sound. Also one of the sound is tuned a little bit higher. To get this typical accordion sound.
That's why vArranger sounds so good, more than any other arranger software (hardware?).

What is also amazing, is that you can select one of thoses MULTI sounds for the right hand, and one for the left hand. It is very good while playing with a full band.
If your keyboard allows you to plug 2 pedals, you can use them for the sustain of the Left and Right hand.
If you plug 2 midi instruments to the computer, you can play 2 MULTI sounds for the 2 instruments. Like Lionel with his wife. One midi keyboard + One midi Guitar. with one SD2+ one vArranger :)

For the Left hand, there is also a special setting called 'BY STYLE'. Ketron styles own 2 left sounds for each variations of the style.

You have many choices, just experiment and enjoy.

Dan

Bernie9

That sounds wonderful, but I still can't overcome the octave problem for left hand.

I have a song saved with no octave change .  I want to raise it by one octave.  I darken left hand in Master, then change my octave.  I switch back to right on Master for startup config.  Save startup config.  I sometimes save Song too for good measure.

I exit program to see if really saved, and no, it's not.
I am using 0.72ver.

It is probably something dumb, but I can't solve it.

Dan

Hi Bernie,

I just tested it, and it is working.

If you want, I can connect to your computer to see what is wrong.

Just send me your TeamViewer number by email.

Dan

Bernie9

Dan
Thank you for your kind attention to my problem, however, I will receive another laptop in a couple of days.  My netbook is not set up to go online.  Let me see what I can do, and I will maybe take you up on your offer.

Bernie9

Dan
I think I solved the problem I was having with my Left octave change.  I went into the file and deleted the .pat2 and then saved the new config.  Apparently I cannot make those changes in the existing one.  It suites me as I don't change it again anyway.

Bernie9

Forget the last post.  Some of my songs refuse to change octaves upon a rest.

Bernie9

This time I deleted .pat1 and two and saved it as new.  That should work if I don't change it.

Bernie9

I still am having trouble with keeping the left handtrack at the octave I set it at.  It is okay until I reset.  Change left track, save startup config, save song,

I copied my data file and vArranger from laptop to main pc.  No change

Dan

Hi Bernie,

As I told you, for now, the octave is not saved ped song, but more per vArranger startup.

This because, we usually just set the playing octave one time, and don't change it anymore.

Do you need octave change between songs? why? give us examples.

Dan

Bernie9

Sorry Dan

The way I said it might have confused you.

I do not want to change octaves in the middle of a song.  I want to permanently change the left track down or up one octave, and maybe change a sound.

Let's say I had an accordian on the left at 0 and I wanted to PERMANENTLY change to Organjazz2 at +1.  I first change the otave on the left track to +1 and press save startup config..

Sometimes it will stay at +1 when I exit, after saving config, sometimes it is back to 0

Now, in regards to saving song, I assume if you do not change sounds, but just track octave, saving song is not necessary, but if I were to change any sounds along with octave, I would save both.

Let's make this real simple, as I have spent hours just trying to do one simple thing.  I have deleted .pat2 and then .pat 1 and 2 as a last resort.

I am ready to trash the whole thing and start over.  It is like some data is remaining to change the octave back to original.

The only problem I have with the program is this.  I don't want to start out again with a new datarranger as I would lose all my work.

Dan

Hi Bernie,

Don't get annoyed against your computer.

Let me help you with teamviewer to see why the octave change.

Dan

Bernie9

Hi Dan
That was what I was going to do, but quit being stubborn and changed the left voices to a sound that fit the octave.  For example, where I needed a +1 for a left orgjazz 2, I put in an accordian, which fits the 0 octave.

I am hoping that as I add songs with the desired octave in the first place, all will be okay.  I have all my songs working and couldn't tell you what is wrong.

Thanks