News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Thinking of purchasing

Started by deanspy, March 04, 2022, 09:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanspy

Hey folks,

I like the idea but I'm sort of bewildered by the fact that there are so many users, and nobody has made a 'getting started' video series, or even the most basic rundown of the software. Is the English manual up to date? The dates in that thread are from ten years ago? Maybe I'm blind.

Anyway First looks:
-Does it support VST/AU on Mac and PC? [ok I see only PC]
-How many VSTs can be used at once?
-Is the program memory intensive? Latency?
-Can you import midi files or Band In A Box styles.

Second:
-Does anybody use this in conjunction with MainStage on MacOS.

I am wanting to control from both a midi accordion and a keyboard and it really looks like a better way than a hardware keyboard, which I have lugged around in the past, but I don't have the 5 grand (or the muscles..) right now for the PA4X LOL

Anyway, if you could help with the above questions I'll be grateful. Thanks so much. It looks like very cool software.

Dean

deanspy

350 views and nobody can answer?  :-\

v.muller

I only answer what I know.
- vArranger is for Windows only, there is not a Mac version.
- Memory intensive depends on the number and size of sounds used.
- It can play midi files using vArranger.
- It can't play BIAB styles.

Dan

I can add that it can play up to 16 VST instruments, has low latency, and a special midi accordion mode
Feel free to ask any questions

Lukasz

Hello,

I'm thinking on purchasing this software too, so I will add my question to this thread:
- How many styles are included in this software? (I know that I can install more, but how many are "in the box")
- I have a sound module Kerton SD1000. If I get styles from different device, is it possible to change sounds and their volume and maybe other parameters to adapt the style most to the SD1000 device, and save those changes in style to use it in the future?
- Are there styles already prepared for the SD1000 sound module?

haweneu

Hi,
I think Dan will give you the right answer!

I use the SD1000 over many years with VA2 as main soundgenerator and many Styles from VA2 Downloadpage work very well without modification!

The only problem with SD1000 is, that the settings of both Effect DSP from SD1000 cannot saved and reloaded with a song or sound in VA2

Dan works in the moment at this function and he promised this for the next update!

Best regards
Werner

musicmaker84

The only modifications I do sometimes is to exchange a drum set or accompaniment instrument if it does not sound pleasing to me. This is usually done in a minute or two, saved, and forgotten.

For all the justified complaints Dan has been getting over the past 2+ years regarding the lack of the next update, I want to point out, I would buy vArranger again in a heartbeat since it gives me a relatively low cost and moddable software arranger/organ that can rival hardware instruments sonically if one takes time to make it work for one. It is not perfect, but pretty close.

Lukasz

Thank you for your answers. Due to what you wrote, does it mean that vArranger is no longer maintained and updated? If it's difficult to get it to work - is it related to software stability in general or Windows compatibility? Does it work with Windows 10?

Dan

Hello,

vArranger latest version still works perfectly from Windows XP to Windows 11
vArranger is still maintained and active

Dan

Lukasz

Thank you for the answer, that's good news :-)
I just sent money for the software and can't wait to play first notes! :)

Dan

Lukasz

Hello Dan, thank you for your support on the first steps :-) Software is quite interesting, I have connected Roland F-20 to it and played a few songs. I wish I have more time for this... number of songs is awesome!
Does anyone has scores with vArranger style name and chords to it and could share?

Dan