News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Hypersonic 2 VST

Started by The Wizz, September 11, 2021, 07:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizz

How do I get Hypersonic 2 VST to display the correct "selected" instruments in vArranger "RIGHT 1,2,3" Channel Strips?

Regards.

Dan

Do you load the VST inside vArranger?

The Wizz

Yes loaded as VST4 in vArranger.

It plays the correct instrument sounds, but on vArranger RIGHT 1 channel they are shown incorrectly as VST4> Drums.

I tried both select/deselect : "Send on Midi Channel 1" on VST OPTIONS.

Dan

You should not use the "Send on Midi channel 1" option, as hypersonic is able to receive correctly on the 16 midi channels
I don't know why this track is considering as drums. Maybe because of the bank0 number 120 or other mistery.
You can try to select another sound from other banks in the INS screen (Then VST button)

The Wizz

Thanks for your quick response.

I did not use the "Send on Midi channel 1" option.

Yes, Hypersonic Instrument banks are numbered 0-0 to 0-120.

Although, I can play multi channels simultaneously, the problem is when I load Hypersonic instruments eg. Grand Piano, Strings and Organ on vArranger RIGHT 1, RIGHT 2 and RIGHT 3 (channel 13,14 and 15 on Hypersonic), they show up as VST 4> Standard, VST 4> New Groove, and VST 4> Forrestal on vArranger channel strip respectively.

I also tried sounds from other banks.....same problem.

Is there anyway to fix this to show the correct instruments on vArranger?

Dan

Maybe you have set an INS file to this MIDI OUT port?

musicmaker84

I don't have problems with Hypersonic 2 to show correct instruments. I don't recall the exact settings right now, but will check next time.

The Wizz

Quote from: musicmaker84 on September 12, 2021, 02:21:11 PM
I don't have problems with Hypersonic 2 to show correct instruments. I don't recall the exact settings right now, but will check next time.

Still showing incorrect instruments in vArranger.
Would appreciate any help in solving.

Thanks.

musicmaker84

I did not get to play vArranger the past weeks until last night. And I decided not to fiddle with it but make music. Today I am going to check my settings. I remember vArranger couldn't display correct instruments before 1.18 or so. Just to be sure: are you using 1.19?

The Wizz

Yes, I am using vArranger v1.19.
If you change instruments on Hypersonic2 they show incorrect on vArranger.

Regards.

musicmaker84

I just verified. I'm not sending on Ch.1 solely. I use Hypersonic as VST 2. When I change sounds they show correctly on R1 or L1. I have to check next time what happens when I layer them. I rarely have the necessity to layer sounds within vArranger but will try.

Dan

Maybe you can try to change sounds from vArranger INS screen (VST button), and not the VST GUI directly?

musicmaker84

This is how I do it, and how I save sounds without problems.

The Wizz

Thanks for your assistance.
It is working via the vArranger INS screen (VST button) as Dan suggested.

Cheers.

Woge1000

Ich habe schon über 4 Jahre vArranger mit Hypersonic2.Habe noch nie Probleme gehabt.Alles klappt