News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Is it possible to save/export individual Midi tracks

Started by bluebeat, August 16, 2021, 09:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

Hi Dan.

When I have my arrangement in Song chords, is it possible to save individual midi track instead of all channels?
Please let me know.

Thank you.

Dan

bluebeat

Dan thanks, but
Mute all but one, or solo one still saves all tracks, muted become blank.
So saving a single mixer channel line ends up a 11 track file.
Ideally (and logically), it should only export whatever is soloed and not exporting blank tracks. Don't you agree?
future feature?

Dan

bluebeat

less clicking around, less messy. Because there are no avid plans to create a proper style mixer,  I do it manually in daw. So 6 tracks pulled from different styles would end up as 65+ in the daw. Cleaner and more logical approach.

I would preffer a VA VST of course, where you can just drag channel to daw track, like most modern software tools do. But I have a feeling VST is not on a horizon.

Dan

In the past, my way to do it, is to open the midifile in the DAW, select the track I like, and copy / paste it in the main DAW project

bluebeat

I am not talking about a midi file, I would like to stay in VA with "Song Chords", try out different styles, and just export individual midi tracks of those items that I want.
I think it is reasonable. 

What BIAB did was they had a "DAW" mode. It does not act as VST, but it makes BIAB interface smaller, you can have it on "top" of your DAW tracks and just drag tracks to DAW.
I understand it will most likely will never happen with VA but... I think it is a good idea to be export only what is soloed as midi without empty tracks.