News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Can you create your own styles?

Started by wepache, July 29, 2021, 01:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wepache

Hello, I've been eyeing this software for a while. And I am pretty interested in buying it.

My only concern it doesn't seem to have a style creator or editor.

Is this still the case? If so, what is the best way to create styles, and if I buy it will it be pretty easy for me to create styles?

akyelken

Everyone is waiting for that feature.
but there is no such feature.  :(

Dan

bluebeat

Well....
Style re-mixer is probably my #1 request for VA.
The link Dan mentioned... This is outdated, slow, non intuitive software that looks and feels something from 2 decades ago. (I tried it)
Unfortunately there is NOTHING good available to mix / create styles (especially multi format). Maybe Dan should start a "kickstarter" type of project?
I am sure folks at PSR site would be very interested. A standalone or a module to VA?
Here is a sketch for inspiration.

Dan

Very nice graphical works
Multi brand style mixing is not so easy as each brand has it's own engine and technology inside vArranger, but for sure it should be part of the project
So I think, when copying a part from one style to the new created one, editing will then be more limited that when recording your own track

wepache

I did end up looking at the software that you posted Dan. But it kinda went over my head a little on how to use it.

So I chose to buy the older Korg MicroArranger because of the portability.

I am still interested in buying varranger I just have to figure out what's the most effective way of creating styles.

I am assuming the Korg Microarranger styles don't work on varranger correct?

What about the older Yamaha Psr with Style Maker. I wouldn't mind being patient and buying a one for a good price just to use it as a style editor.

If the MicroArranger styles work on Varranger then problem solved.

MicroArranger has its styles in a .STY compressed folder. But within it, it has all the styles.

Any idea if Varranger can decompress the file? I can send you the file if you'd like.

Thank you for your help.

Dan

Yes, we should be able to load MicroArranger styles and compressed folders
If you want, you can send me one to try

BjayG

I have a feeling that the Korg Micro arranger is a small key version of one of the normal Korg arranger keyboards (maybe PA60)  and thus takes normal Korg Styles .  I was looking at one several years ago to add styles to my Yamaha Synth  (didn't buy it).