News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

USB vArranger stick issue

Started by alpal01, March 23, 2023, 11:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alpal01

This is weird - the downloaded aVarranger was working fine on it's dedicated USB stick then it suddenly dropped the start up link on it, gone ! - I don't know why that only disappeared. 

Dan

For specific support, please send an email to contact@varranger.com

alpal01

Thanks, sorted, I think it was a case of the anti-virus 'snatching' it to place in it's suspect virus prison when it wasn't, I did also use the same USB stick on my laptop for just a night but it was clean.         

Dan

Great. We have a lot less anti virus false positive detection with recent versions, but antivirus are sometimes a bit unpredictable. We can always submit to the antivirus company the file detected as false positive, and they will correct their program

bluebeat

"We have a lot less anti virus false positive detection with recent versions, but antivirus are sometimes a bit unpredictable. We can always submit to the antivirus company the file detected as false positive, and they will correct their program"

It was the issue of the past 3 years... Anti-virus deleting VA and the only solution was to white list it.
Also, an observation, VA is the only program that has such issues for me.

"they will correct their program"
They, who? Windows Defender? If I understand hierarchy correctly, you as a developer have to contact them about the issues your customers are facing.