Does vArranger fully support the AKAI Professional APC Mini

Started by Alf, April 01, 2021, 01:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alf

Hi all,

is the AKAI Professional APC Mini fully supported within vArranger?
Especially a visual midi feedback with the LEDs would be a very nice feature when controlling the main parts, fill ins etc.

Alf

Dan

Yes, I have it, and have implemented the APC MINI LED FEEDBACK feature
However, I have found an issue with this model, that faders sends from time to time the value even when not moved
This problem was on a USED model. When I have bought another new model, it does not have the issue

DreamKeeper

all APC Mini buttons send note on/of messages, the faders send cc values.
If you are using APC MINI with Ableton Live, you can switch scenes with mapping of faders/buttons to other destinations, for example switching faders for volumes of channels 1-8 to 9-16. There are many more ways to control extensive functions of Ableton Live with just a few buttons.

As far as I know, vArranger does not support a scene change, there is no alternative layouts, so each button can only be mapped to a single function of vArranger, i.e. no alternative assignment with shift button etc.

It would be great if all the controllers in vAr would have multiple alternate layouts and some assignable controllers to switch between those layouts.

Dan

Some buttons, faders... can be alternatively control different functions per song
They can also control alternatively VST parameters for each VST instrument
Full alternate layout is an idea, but then you need good memory to remember everything
vArranger has the great feature of the LED FEEDBACK, so the controller leds will lights accordingly to the vArranger current state