News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Problem with RIGHT2-3-4 and VST

Started by garciarob, December 15, 2020, 04:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garciarob

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I have a problem every time I save a SOUND with RIGHT2-3-4 from VST (every one go to --> VSTxx).

I have a sound from VSTxx on RIGHT1. And it's ok.

I select a sound from VST with SOUND EDIT -> PROGRAM CHANGE on RIGHT2-3-4.

Then (RIGHT2-3-4) SELECT TO MIDI OUT --> VST xx

Then SAVE --> RIGHT SOUND

Then if I recall the SOUND from MY SOUNDS or from the SOUND LIST I get only RIGHT1. RIGHT2-3-4 don't have the vertical indication of the SOUND names at the left of the sliders and not send the program change to the VST and not play.

But if I make the same, but I select on RIGHT2-3-4 the SOUND from SEND TO MIDI OUT --> VaSynth (for example a SF2 sound or a sound from a soundbank) the RIGHT2-3-4 is correctly saved.

So is the problem with VST?

Is it quite strange... or not?

garciarob

Just to try, I have made the same on 2ND VOICE. In this case the sound from VST is correctly saved.

So the problem is only on RIGHT2-3-4.

Dan

You need to first select a sound to enable the track. Exp click on PIANO then GRANDPIANO on the main vArranger screen

garciarob

Quote from: Dan on December 15, 2020, 09:27:42 AM
You need to first select a sound to enable the track. Exp click on PIANO then GRANDPIANO on the main vArranger screen

Hi Dan, thanks for you reply.

I've tried to do this:

- I go on RIGHT2 and select a sound (PIANO2 of VaSynth, MIDI OUT 1)
- Then SAVE --> RIGHT SOUND as TEST1
- If I select another SOUND without RIGHT2 than I select again TEST1 I see the instrument on RIGHT2
- Now I go to RIGHT2 and switch (with PIANO2 as sound) from MIDI OUT 1 to MIDI OUT xx (Halion);
- Then SAVE --> RIGHT SOUND as TEST2
- If I select another SOUND without RIGHT2 than I select again TEST2 I cannot see the instrument on RIGHT2 and it doesn't play.

So it seems that I have again the problem  :(; and it's only with MIDI OUT >1

I hope I have explained the example well  :)

Dan

I can reproduce the problem...
I think it is a new problem in the recent test versions.
Let me check what's wrong

garciarob

Thanks Dan!
I hope this isn't a critical problem. Good work! ;)

garciarob

Hi Dan,
waiting for the resolution of the first problem, I've found another strange behaviour.

1. I set a left sound 1 (vst) and I set at OFF and zero volume.

2. Save Song

3. Immediately after (and when I recall the song)

The volume is set at a certain volume >0 and the track is set at ON

Is it only my problem?

(this is less important)

I found that if:

1. Save a SONG with this "my sound bar"

2. Save song

3. I select another song and go back to this song, the sound bar is:

Sounds from 11 to 20 are from the other songs.

I have to admit that in the last few days I have been using the program intensively! ;D

drepalla

Quote from: garciarob on December 29, 2020, 06:19:04 PM
Hi Dan,
waiting for the resolution of the first problem, I've found another strange behaviour.

1. I set a left sound 1 (vst) and I set at OFF and zero volume.

2. Save Song

3. Immediately after (and when I recall the song)

The volume is set at a certain volume >0 and the track is set at ON

Is it only my problem?
I experience this too in version 1.19.13, I save the song with Right 1 set to Off, but as soon as I have saved, it is turned on again, and is still turned on when loading the song.

Dan

For the problem #2 :

To remove the LEFT hand sounds, you need to select the LEFT track, close to the master volume fader, and then press OFF button in top left of the sound groups (PIANO, E.PIANO...)
Then SAVE SONG

In vArranger, saving songs, does not save the left and right individual tracks, but the left and right global track (close to the master fader)

Dan

For the problem #3, yes, actually, when you load a song that contains an empty MY SOUNDS bar, it stays on the previous bar.
It was desired way in the past, because not all songs has MY SOUNDS bars on them, so I stay on the previous one. Not sure if I change it

Still the problem #1 need to be corrected

garciarob

Quote from: Dan on January 27, 2021, 10:22:30 PM
For the problem #2 :

To remove the LEFT hand sounds, you need to select the LEFT track, close to the master volume fader, and then press OFF button in top left of the sound groups (PIANO, E.PIANO...)
Then SAVE SONG

In vArranger, saving songs, does not save the left and right individual tracks, but the left and right global track (close to the master fader)

Tried, it's ok! Thanks!  8)

garciarob

Quote from: Dan on January 27, 2021, 10:29:57 PM
For the problem #3, yes, actually, when you load a song that contains an empty MY SOUNDS bar, it stays on the previous bar.
It was desired way in the past, because not all songs has MY SOUNDS bars on them, so I stay on the previous one. Not sure if I change it

Still the problem #1 need to be corrected

For #3, no problem, it's just ok for me too. It's not so useful. 8)

mlavio829

Hi, I'm also experiencing this issue (when I add a VST channel to Right 2, it doesn't recall correctly - but using the vArranger native sounds it works fine)
I'm on version 1.19.12.
Is there a newer version?

garciarob

No update, Dan is working on the issue.

Dan

In my testing, the display of the RIGHT2 stays blank after switching, but it sounds OK
It is just a problem of display of the track sound name that stays blank. Is it the same for you?

Dan

garciarob, for what I have found, this is just a display issue.
I just sent you a version to test.
Can you tell me if this issue is resolved

garciarob

thanks Dan, replied. ;)

I made some tests and I think that's a problem also on program change messages on VST>1, not only a display issue.

Dan

Just sent you another update to try