News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger with Ketron SD2 or SD1000 sound module?

Started by niarrange, November 15, 2020, 04:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niarrange

Hi everyone! I have a question for vARRANGER users: I'm considering buying vARRANGER and I was wondering: I understood it it comes with its own built-in sounds but I see many people use an external sound module in combination with it. Do you recommend using an external sound module? And regarding a module could you please advise what do you think about using SD2 or SD1000 with the vARRANGER? Which one works better and more smoothly with vARRANGER? Many thanks!

Dan

It depends on what setup you already have, exp some keyboards or sound modules
What styles brand you like the most, if you like Ketron styles, then a Ketron SD1000 is nice (SD1000 sounds better than SD2)
It is also possible to go for a 100% software solution, if you like compact and fast setup
Ketron SD1000 has great sounds for sure

niarrange

Thanks, Dan. I have a PC with Cubase software on it, and a Panorama T6 midi controller keyboard connected to it. From past experience I mainly like Ketron styles so I guess buying the vArranger + Ketron SD1000 will be a good choice? However I would also like to explore Korg styles - will the SD1000 know to play them when played from vArranger? And one more question please: I also have a Yamaha El-87 electone (it's a dual keyboard + pedal keyboard organ that has midi connections. Do you think it can work with vArranger? Thanks!

Dan

Yes, vArranger and Ketron SD1000 is a good choice for many styles from all brands. The recent styles use more often special drums mapping that are difficult to play with another keyboard than the original one, but you can still find a lot of styles that will sound good with this setup
Yes vArranger has a special MIDI ORGAN mode listening to the 3 organ midi channels