News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Speaker Question for Dan

Started by Deane, July 21, 2011, 01:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Dan,
With the SD2 unit there are two audio outputs.  The SD2 unit ships with a connector that combines the two outputs into a single plug that goes in to a speaker.   I own 2 Bose L1 Compact speakers and wanted to know if any sound improvement would happen if I ran each output into its own speaker? 

Deane

Dan

Yes !
When you look at the vArranger's mixer, you will see on top of each volume fader, an horizontal slider, who is the PAN slider.
You can decide for each track, if the sound is more at Right or at the Left of the stereo field.

So I recommend to plug each SD2 output, to each Bose L1 Compact.

After reading the L1 Compact manual, I would say :
Buy 2 cables like this:

The SD2 left rca, to the Bose speaker who is at the left (from the audience view)
The SD2 right rca, to the Bose speaker who is at the right (from the audience view)

Plug them on the input 2 big jack.

Don't activate the ToneMatch button

If you want to connect a microphone, or something else more, you need to add a small mixer.

I know that many vArranger users are using BOSE L1 systems, so your advice are welcome

Tidom

Hi Deane !
Thanks really for your pictures !
In the next future I hope, I would buy a system BOSE. But, for the moment,  I still hesitate, for around the same price, between one BOSE L1 or two BOSE Compact to have the stereo effect like you.
The question for me is, if I put in first choice the stereo, to know if the sound will be enough loud outside !
Do you play outside only with your two BOSE compact?
If Yes, do you think your system is enough loud to play outside ?
Thanks Deane !
Tidom

Deane

Tidom,
I do not play outside but I have several friends who do play outside with their Bose L1 Compacts and they
report they speakers do just fine outside.

Dan,
I'll give the 2 speaker setup a try next week - I have to get the cables.  I'll report on my findings.

Deane