News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

My First Gig With vArranger

Started by Deane, July 20, 2011, 10:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Today I played two gigs - both with only vArranger.  Both gigs went well without a single problem.  The audience at both gigs liked the sound of my new setup and and said it sounded very "live" compared to my Tyros 4.

I was very impressed how nice everything sounded in large rooms with my Bose L1 Compact.  I will use this setup the rest of the week - but I really think it will replace my Tyros 4 for gigs. 

I have added pictures of my setup at the first gig.  Somehow I deleted the pictures of my second gig but I'll take more later this week.

Deane

Dan

Hi Deane,

Thank you for your report.

It's a great news that you enjoyed giging with vArranger, now 2 times, and that your audience heard the difference with your Tyros 4.

Even if the Tyros 4 is a great keyboard, I understand what you felt when you pressed START on vArranger with a good sound system.

It's like WAW !

I just posted some of your pictures directly on the forum, after a size reduction....

Deane

Hi Dan,
I wanted to say how cool your vArranger is.  I have owned and gigged with Yamaha Tyros 3 and 4, Korg PA1X and PA2XPro, Roland E50 and E80 and now vArranger.  I believe your software is as good or better than any of these arrangers I have owned.  It does everything they do and easier, it plays a ton of styles, and it has run flawlessly so far on my MacBook Pro. 
I am very impressed with your efforts and hope it keeps getting even better.
Deane

Dan

what you say is gratifying to my ear :)

Deane

In response to an email I received.  I use my Ipad to display leadsheets in PDF format.
I have several thousand leadsheets on it and over the years have reached a point where
I am not able to play almost all the "requests" I get from my audiences. 

What would really be neat is if Dan could add PDF capability to vArranger along with the jpeg reader.
That would really be cool!  The PDFs display a lot clearer.
Deane