changing a 4 beat measure in SONG CHORDS to a 2 beat measure

Started by jbg31792, May 02, 2014, 12:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

In SONG CHORDS is it possible to change a 4/4 measure into a 2/4 measure, and then change it back to 4/4?

Thanks

John

Lionel

Hi Dan,

When you say No, does that mean it is too much work and not likely or No but later on it will be done.

I find that very useful and come across a bit.

Regards
Lionel

Dan

I admit that it is necessary for some songs, so I need to do it :)

Lylo

Yes, good news.
The half bar is not frequently but when it's necessary, it's really necessary.

Lionel

Yes that is good news.

Man you got some work cut out for you... :o

Thanks
Lionel

jolon28

In my opinion, for VArranger, it is 'a must have' feature.
As you want to do professionnal arrangements, time signature changes are necessary.

jbg31792

Bon Jour Lionel,

You surely have, a unique and highly skilled way of posing a question to Dan. It's amazing how you can change a no into a yes, and do it in only 6 days!

Merci

John

I see that you play the Godin midi guitar. I would really enjoy seeing your set up with the midi guitar and the vArranger.

Thanks

And thank you too Dan for this gift of changing time signatures within SONG CHORDS.

Lionel

Thanks mate for your compliments.

As for my setup, we'll what would you like to know.

Regards
Lionel

jbg31792

Hey Lionel,

How much are you using the vArranger playing just styles? And how much using Song Chords? Are you using markers when you play the song chords?

What midi foot controller are you using and how many vArranger controllers have you assigned to it?

How long does it take you to set up ready to play?

Could you list all the equipment you use?

I would love to watch you play a style or song chord. Have you ever posted anything using the Godin with the vArranger?

Thank you Lionel,

John

Lionel

Hi John,

To help you understand my setup...

I have a Roland PCR800 keyboard connect into vArranger, my Godin Midi Guitar is connected into a Roland GI20
Module which connects thru to vArranger. The output from vArranger goes into my Ketron SD4 which then has Audio out to my mixer.

My wife plays the keyboard which triggers the chords on vArranger, I play the melody mainly. The Sounds are reasonably nice. I generally favor Tenor sax and Golden trumpet and Clarinet.

Sometimes I use the chord feature, but it doesn't do everything I need yet.

Have used it for a couple of years now.

Lionel

jbg31792

Thanks Lionel,

Sounds like a match made in heaven having your wife right there with you on stage.

If your wife is controlling the chords of the vArranger, is she using a midi foot controller to start and end each style?

What control do you have over the vArranger with your Godin? Are you playing the synth sounds and presets of the GR120 along with the voices of the vArranger?

Thanks,

John

Lionel

Oops Sorry John slow reply. I must have overlooked.

The styles are triggered by left hand chords. As soon as she touches 1st chord vArranger does intro.

The control I am using currently is just volume control to adjust volume in vArranger my part only.

I only use the sounds of SD4 not using any additional sounds. I do layer the sounds thru vArranger when needed.

All controls are done thru keyboard where we can adjust volumes, tempo, variations, fill ins, etc.

Sometimes I just do solo with vArranger chord feature handling the chords, etc.

Lionel

jbg31792

Dan

vArranger RESET button does the same, 10 years before

v.muller