News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Installing and running vArranger2

Started by sweetbb, June 11, 2020, 07:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetbb

I upgraded my computer to an SSD boot disc, and had to re-install everything. Now I cannot get vArranger to work at all.  It is extremely frustrating. I get this error:
User Account Control
This app has been blocked for your protection.
An administrator has blocked you from
running this app. For more information,
contact the administrator.

vArranger2.exe
Publisher: Unknown
File origin: Hard drive on this computer
Program location: "C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\varranger2\vArranger2.exe"

Dan, what should I do about this to get it running?

Dan

sweetbb

Dan

You can subscribe to get a new version that will work with your new Windows 10 update  https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,4006.0.html
If you don't want to subscribe, you can send me your actual vArranger2.exe, and I will try to correct it, and sent it to you back

sweetbb

Thank you Dan.  I don't have money to subscribe, so I will send you the file instead.

sweetbb

Dan, my version is version 1.19.  It seems to be the last version before you started with the 'subscribe' system.
Do you want me to send you the .exe file?  I also cannot install the vArrangerSynth.exe, Windows says that the published has been blocked.

Please help.
Regards,
Brian.

Dan

If you have red messages, you can send me the files to check. I don't have old files anymore.
If you have blue messages, then there is an exclusion to add in the windows defender
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security

sweetbb

Where can I sent the files to, do you have an e-mail adress?

Dan

There is a contact button in the website

sweetbb

I cannot see it Dan. I've tried sending a mail to dan@varranger.fr but the mail is not going through.

Dan

sweetbb

OK.  I found the button.  But I cannot attach a file there.

Dan

You send only the wetransfer link, not the files, as most servers does not allow sending exe files

sweetbb

Did you receive it now, I sent it via wetransfer as you sugested.

Dan

sweetbb

Hello Dan,

Thank you for fixing it, I managed to get it installed now, and it seems to be working.  I just need to reconfigure the channels and copy the style files to the right place.
Regards,
Brian.

Dan

Good to see I was able to help
Enjoy

BjayG

Something odd is going on:   I ran vA yesteday afternoon with no problems.    Today I tried running it and I get the same RED labelled "This app has been blocked for your protection"   error message as sweetbb received above.   I scanned it for viruses with Windows Defender and it said there was no problem.

Not to worry I  thought - maybe its got corrupted - I will just re-copy it from my master copy in my archive and all will be well.   

So I copied both vArranger2.exe and vArrangerSynth.exe (checking that both were the same length and date as the troubelsome copy)  to their working location.    I now ran vArrangersynth.exe first and oddly got the very same "This app has been blocked for your protection" message as I did with vArranger2.exe itself earlier today - and also when I ran the newly replaced vArranger2.exe  - it too gives the RED "This app has been blocked for your protection" message.   

Now one of them giving the message is odd - but both of them giving it is very strange and suspicious behavioir.  Particularly as no other progam on the computer seems to be affected and work normally. 

Here is the information about the files (V1.19)  vArranger2.exe length is 1,129KB and vArrangerSynth.exe is 9,791KB .  I have checked Windows update and no new files have been added by Microsoft for about 10 days.     Simularly I have made no changes to the system since I last used vA yesterday.

So - any suggestions would be gratefully received please - its almost like there is some sort of time limit placed on the files.

Barry

claudio

@BjayG

I already had this problem and I was able to reload the program by connecting to the link to recover  vArranger2.exe/and vArrangerSynth.exe. (This link no longer exists !)

Herewith a link with maybe some solutions. ;)

https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-an-administrator-has-blocked-you-from-running-this-app/

Claudio

BjayG

Thanks Claudio for the suggestion - its much appreciated.   I had seen some of them before but I am slightly reluctant to impement any changes to my system until I have a better idea what is causing the problem in the first place.     Basically two programs from a single supplier suddently stop working at exactly the same time and no other programs on the computer seem to have been affected.   Windows Defender says there is nothing wrong with them and nothing on computer has been changed or otherwise altered (i.e. no Windows updates - nothing).  Very strange...

But I do have an update in that I removed the shortcut on the desktop that points to vA and recreated it.   When I click on the shortcut vA now, sort of, fires up - but tells me that I need to install a newer version of vArrangerSysnth.exe and obviously won't go any further.   

So are these programs time limited in some way?

Dan

vArranger programs are not time limited. I will contact you in private to see what is the problem

Dan