News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

DEEBACH BLACKBOX SOUND DEMO

Started by freakman, April 23, 2020, 06:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freakman

lakere

I wonder how this would compare with other modules such as the Ketron SD1000 or modules by V3 Sound. 

Donny

Hello,
i tested the SD 1000 and the V3 Sound expander. For me the sounds are best in the Black Box. But i must test the Black Box more intensiv. For Organ Sounds there are individual sounds to mix, percussion, overtones that can mixed to an organ sound. Very good idea.

freakman

Hi,
The drums are very important to me, I tried a few expanders.
The BlackBox has over 80 drum sets on board.
Over 1500 Sounds.
Of course not everything can be used but the sound of the one you need is top.
I also have the Audya4 with the audio drums, the problem is simple, it is very complex to create the Inros and Endings.
Especially with song styles.
It works but the loading time would go immeasurably.
That is why I have now decided on the black box.
You also have to do something to make everything work.
You always have to make sound adjustments.
Not everything always fits in the VA2.
For me Dan adapts the VA2 for his needs and not for the user.
The biggest problem for me is simply that you have no way to transpose the individual tracks in VA 2.
There are so many good styles, but unfortunately the heights of the instruments do not fit most of them.
This only works with an external style adjustment.
Very complex for this simple step.
But unfortunately Dan just doesn't install it.
It doesn't work automatically.
I now adapt my styles for the black box and the VA2 and then it fits as I always imagined.

freakman

agaton

Only one more s*** sound expander, nothing we've not heard !!!

freakman

You're probably right, but I've got some through VST's with expanders too. The sound of the drums just never worked.
You have a lot of sounds but it just doesn't fit.
Something special is needed, which is the case here for me.
What good is the VA2 with VST or sound banks that I can't even load into my computer?
VA2 only runs with a corresponding amount of memory.
Now I don't need that anymore and the VA2 is only idling, the rest is done by the expander.
I have done everything with VST's so far, the drums I got from SSD5 are just great, my laptop has 8GB of memory, too, I had problems here, crashing, jerky, dropouts.
At some point, that's no fun.
If you write to DAN you get 99% no answer.
VA2 is the TOP Arranger without a doubt.
I found my sound and am now playing Varranger2 with pleasure.

Dan

If you have problems with your config, you can ask here. I am not aware of such problems
When I know what to answer, you will get my answer. I hope more than 1% :)
For now, but this is not definitive answer, octaves of styles track is not very good to do, because for each note played by vArranger, there are 10 rules to determine the final note to play, and this is a complex algorithm for vArranger to play like a real musician would do. Etc... And changing octaves is breaking all the smart rules we have set
Finally the only reason we need this, it is if the style or the sound module has a problem and does not play in the correct octave...
Is there any other arranger that include the octave transposition of styles tracks, outside a style creator?

By the way having a new instruments is always fun to play with. Enjoy you new sound module !

ketronek

I have been using Varranger for 10 years, I tested it with various modules: SD2, SD1000, Roland Integra7, it was even connected with Korg Kronos and various VST plugins with amazing sounds.
Unfortunately, nothing can replace the Varranger vSyntha, no best-sounding guitars, bass guitars and others from VST plugins or external sound modules no will play correctly in Ketron or Yamaha (SFF2) styles. Varranger Synth now is working perfect. There is no limit to the size of SF2, you can have them up to 100 GB, the new version of Varranger reads files directly from the disk, uses up to about 5 GB max of RAM.
The sounds from VST plugins and external modules may sound great solo, but they will not play well in the whole mix. The better the sounds will be, the harder it will be to get a good final result.
After 10 years of working with Varranger, I can play on it all Ketron styles (also SD9), Korg PA4X, Roland BK9, Technics7000. I use only vSynth and 2 VST plugins.
It cost me a lot of work but the effect is excellent.
Thank you Dan for your support over these 10 years.  :)

Jamkey

Hello,

Quote...... the sound module has a problem and does not play in the correct octave...

That's definitely the problem with the Genos-Soundbank.  :-\

Regards !

Dan

That's why we need to correct the soundbank. Not vArranger :)

Dan

Thank you ketronek ! You know a little bit more about what is coming in vArranger as you are actually testing of a beta version that I am working on it.
All this is still not perfect for all configurations, especially if you don't have a fast SSD drive, and enough memory
I am doing some research and development with different kind of computers from the 15 last years and different Windows versions and specifications...
I would like something plug & play like all in vArranger....
I will explain all this a bit later...

freakman

Thanks Dan for taking a position here, otherwise I should have done it.
That is the big problem that nobody can do anything that happens.
Ketronek is a chosen one, can speak easily if he has a version that can do a lot more than the one we have.
And there it is that there are some memory problems.
I have already written you a number of emails which I have not written in here.
This is exactly why I decided to work with external hardware to solve the memory problem.
Thats how it works.
You also always apologize for my poor communication.
Would you set up a point here in the forum where you give information about what will come in the future or maybe not, you could consider whether it is worth waiting.
That's why the 99% is the total package that makes it up.
Communication !!!
It's just missing.

Dan

I usually prefer to communicate when something is ready or almost ready.
There is not memory problems in vArranger, but there is no memory left in the computer, then problems can occurs

freakman

just and that's what it's about.
I upgraded my laptop to 8GB and still have problems with VST, which I also wrote to you by email.

Bachus

Quote from: ketronek on April 24, 2020, 12:24:42 PM
I have been using Varranger for 10 years, I tested it with various modules: SD2, SD1000, Roland Integra7, it was even connected with Korg Kronos and various VST plugins with amazing sounds.
Unfortunately, nothing can replace the Varranger vSyntha, no best-sounding guitars, bass guitars and others from VST plugins or external sound modules no will play correctly in Ketron or Yamaha (SFF2) styles. Varranger Synth now is working perfect. There is no limit to the size of SF2, you can have them up to 100 GB, the new version of Varranger reads files directly from the disk, uses up to about 5 GB max of RAM.
The sounds from VST plugins and external modules may sound great solo, but they will not play well in the whole mix. The better the sounds will be, the harder it will be to get a good final result.
After 10 years of working with Varranger, I can play on it all Ketron styles (also SD9), Korg PA4X, Roland BK9, Technics7000. I use only vSynth and 2 VST plugins.
It cost me a lot of work but the effect is excellent.
Thank you Dan for your support over these 10 years.  :)

I recognise this, when inuse vst's (over midi) in combination with my Genos, it requires a huge amount of edditing to mix it into a style track..  so much work its not worth the trouble..  and makes me just use the internal sounds of Genos..

The strength and te reason arrangers work is all the time used for balllancing the soundsets..

Bachus

I would be most interested to hear how the black box sound quallity compares to the V3sounds Sonority XXL?  Which also has excellent sound quallity

freakman

Hi,
I can't say anything about the V3sounds Sonority XXL.
I am still enthusiastic about the BlackBox.
For me, the decisive factor was simply the drums.
Over 80 sets that also sound great from the sound.
Lately I've been using VST's SSD5 drums, which I can only recommend.
But unfortunately VST, it may be that it changes in VA2 and you may be able to stream it once. Nevertheless,
there is always a need for big ressors. That bothers me because so much can go wrong here.
Now I have my external hardware and VA2 doesn't have much work to do.

Donny

Hello Bachus, i tested the V3 Sound Midi expander. The sounds are ok, but there is nothing
special, where i can say, i must have it. I had some expansions for it, also the Organ pack. The Hammond sounds are good, but for me the Wersi sounds are what i want. For me the leslie speed at the fast sounds was too slow.
So i sold it.

For me SD1000 is better than V3 Sound expander.

The BlackBox had other sounds. There are good Wersi Sounds in it. There is fast / slow and the sounds are good.
I like the Wersi sounds (Helios....). With the BlackBox i have that Wersi. With the right song i can say,
Franz Lamber is playing. Very good. I like the BlackBox and it's my number one expander.

Yes, the drums are great.....

@ freakman
Some month ago i bought the SSD. I was searching for good drums and tested a lot of vsti.
But the SSD are amazing. One of the best vsti i bought. I watch for CPU usage and SSD is low.
That is a perfect vsti.

Held3168

Hi,
I have been using the black box for two weeks with Varranger and it works very well. The sound quality is really amazing for the price.
Greetings Jörg

lakere

Does the Balckbox recognize pitch bend?   According to a pre-release manual, it does not.   

Held3168