News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

For Dan - WASAPI

Started by Deane, April 12, 2020, 02:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Dan,
how do I get WASAPI to appear in the midi selection screen.  I am using version 1.19 but without the last two years updates.  There is to much latency without the SD2 module and no WASAPI.

Thanks,
Deane

Dan

It should be in the AUDIO OUT list, not MIDI OUT

Deane

That is my question.  Why is it not in the audio out window?  I restarted vArranger several times but it never show up.  I had the Ketron SD2 module unplugged and a headset plugged into the laptop output.

Deane

Lylo

Windows Pro or Familial ?

Dan

Do you see the audio out list but it is empty or you don't see the audio out list at all?

Deane

Windows 10 - came on computer and updated as Microsoft did updates.

Deane

Deane

Yes, I see the audio out list but WASAPI is not in it. 
Also, my normal setup is my Roland A-800 pro controller, my SD2 module, and I use either a Bose speaker or a headset.  I unplug the SD2 module and connect the computer outlet to a speaker or my headset.  I start the synth before starting vArranger.  It has worked a few days ago and I don't know why it does not work now.  I have made no changes to the OS or other apps on the computer.

Deane

Dan

Maybe you have disabled something in the windows audio options?
If you close vArranger, can you hear some sound from other apps in Windows?

Deane

Dan,
check your email today.  I will send you a private email.

Deane

Dan

you can show us your OPTIONS / MIDIPORTS screen too

Deane

Here it is.  As you can see, there is no Audio option shown.
Deane

Dan

You need to install the vArrangerSynth to see the audio options

Deane

The Synth had been installed. Still no Audio Output screen.
I have noticed sometimes it installs automatically and sometimes I have to click on
it to install it.

Deane

Dan

If the audio out list is not visible, then, the vArrangerSynth is NOT installed.
I don't know why you need to always install it, as in fact you only need to install it once.

Deane

I did know that.  I thought it had to be installed every time.
It tells me the synyh was installed.
Deane

Dan

I don't see what is the problem. Once it is installed, it should be visible. If you want to go for the new version, I will install everything again for you directly on your computer

Deane

Sounds good to me.  Tell me what to do.  Also, it is after 11:00 at night for you and only after 4:00 in the afternoon fo me.  We can do it Monday.  Tell me what time of the day for you is best.

Deane

Deane

I have subscribed and paid on PayPal. What do I do now?

Deane

Dan

Ok better to continue in a private email

Deane

Ok. Waiting on email.
Deane

Dan

Don't you receive my emails?

Deane

Wow! What an awesome guy Dan is.  Today he spent two and a half hours supplying me with the most current version of vArranger.  Turned out my network was having a problem.  Once I got my end working it took Dan about 10 minutes to do the upgrade and check out other setting on my laptop. 

For those of you who are new to vArranger, Dan once did all this without charging for it. 

But back to Dan - Thanks Dan for everything you have always done for us.

Deane
Texas, USA

Dan

Thanks Deane ! Great to see you back again with a working setup to enjoy new possibilities

Deane

Dan,
Today I got started re-voicing my song list.  I am using a headset and only your synth.  No Ketron SD2.
I might have discovered a flaw.  It seems minor chords played from the 2nd position do not play properly.  I have tried several to make sure and that seems to be the case.

One other question.  If I want to use the Ketron SD2 module how do I get back to it working again.  For some reason all I am able to get is the synth setup to work.

Deane

Dan

You should have the MANUAL BASS button ON

To get back to SD2, you select the SD2 midi interface in the MIDI OUT 1 list

Deane

Thanks. Will keep at it.
Deane

Deane

I think I found the problem.  Sometimes a chord change does not happen til the 1st beat of the next measure - sometimes it happens right away.  Is there a setting I have missed?  I need the chords to change as I play them. 

Deane

Dan

It depends on how the style has been programed.
The style's creator can decide if the track will retriger or not.
You can post the bad style and tell me what variation / track does not sound as it should.

Deane

Thanks Dan for the quick reply.  I'll check it out Tuesday.  On my all the keyboards I owned you could decide If a chord change was right away or on the next measure. 

Deane

Dan

So you can check and edit the style on your keyboard :)
In vArranger, I suppose that all the styles are already well created

Deane

Right now I am auditioning over 600 Ketron styles in the original .PAT format.  I use a Ketron SD40 and have owned a Ketron SD7 so I have a bit of experience with how they should sound.  I have more Yamaha styles then anyone needs and will work on them next.  What I am doing now with vArranger is eliminating all the styles I would never use or that do not sound good.  I use a Bose L1 Pro speaker with all my gig setups so the sound should be good.

Deane

Dan

Not than AUDYA styles are not yet supported, even if you can start to play with them a bit in vArranger... let me know if you find some strange things

Deane

You are right - Audya styles will to play well.  Even on my SD7 and SD40 they did not convert to the .KST format and those Audya styles converted by others just were not very good.   The .PAT format styles I am auditioning now come from Synthzone, this site, and from Ketron.

Also, yesterday I got everything playing with and without the SD2 module.  Very neat.

Deane