News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Using vArranger without a Ketron sound module-For Dan

Started by Deane, April 09, 2020, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Dan,
Since I bought your vArranger, nearly 10 years ago,  I have always used the Ketron SD2 module with wonderful sound quality results. I tried using vArranger without the SD2 but really was not very pleased with the sound.  So, what must I do to get the best sound quality from vArranger without using the SD2 module.  My main concern is I do not play the modern music.  All my gigs are for people 65 years old and older.  I play all the popular hits from the 1920's to the 1970's.  So I need a sound source that can support that style of music.  I have never used a DAW and really don't know much about them.  By the way, I did not keep the new super computer I bought last month so I am still using my ASUS 15 inch touchscreen laptop. It has always worked great with vArranger. 

Thanks,
Deane

haweneu

Hi,
I use only a Ketron SD1000 for accompaniment and solosounds and for special solosounds like accordions, alpine Sounds, Ethnic Sounds ...an V3 Sonority Hardware Soundmodule!

The SD1000 has much better Soundquality than SD2!

If you want to use  VA2 without any Hardware Soundgenerator you must have a strong new Computer for Software soundgeneration with VST Instruments or with for Dans soundbanks!

Best regards Werner

Jamkey

Hello,

Attention !! Many Sounds in the GENOS-Soundbank are unusable because of the wrong octave-programming.

Regards.

magali

8)   In the version being evaluated this octave problem has been fixed. Don't worry, the bad octaves will all be fixed
in the future when cases are identified.

Deane

Tonight Dan upgraded my vArranger and I have a very neat full working setup without using the
Ketron SD2 module.  Monday I will play with it and get back to this thread to report how things sound.
I did not get the Genos sound pack.

Deane

Jamkey

Hello,

QuoteIn the version being evaluated this octave problem has been fixed. Don't worry, the bad octaves will all be fixed
in the future when cases are identified.

Please let me know about when these Failures are solved.
I bought that soundspack 6 months ago and i am still waiting for a usuable version.

Regards !

magali

8)  a version is currently being tested and coorigins octave errors

On the other hand , we have a dilemma to decide. This version tries to reconcile the sounds that have to play in turn or simultaneously
between styles and OTS. this is problematic because Genos uses up to 23 digital effects processors that vA does not yet.
A new version being finalized will level all sounds to a comparable volume level which is not currently the case
Dan will arbitrate and choose the most appropriate version for vA.
This could be done within a time frame that I would call short now.
Keep in mind that this bank weigths a little more than 6 Gigabytes and is destined to be further updated if
everything goes well.

Jamkey

Thanks Magali,

We are waiting for it very patient.
Meanwhile, stay healthy !

Regards !