News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

COVID-19

Started by Deane, April 03, 2020, 04:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

No one has talked about how things are going for them.  Dan, I have been thinking about you and hope you and your family are getting along ok and are healthy.  My wife and I are ok and doing fine.  Finding a lot of new tasks to pass the time and discovering that all these fancy things we were doing are not really necessary to be happy.  All my music gigs have been cancelled and will probably not come back until August or September if then.  My wife has renewed her awesome cooking ability and we have been eating some wonderful home cooked meals.  I spend time on my three keyboard setups each day but frankly am losing interest - but I do enjoy the time I spend with it.  Anyway,  I hope all is going well for our forum members and wish everyone the best.

Deane

Dan

Thanks for starting this topic.
It seems there is no part of the world who is not caught by this danger.
You can post here to say hello and that you are safe
Wish you a good health to the vArranger's family and liberation for the humanity
Dan

haweneu

Hello,
me and my family are fine! Because of my age (almost 69) I already belong to the risk group. Now I have more time for my hobby, music electronics. I am currently converting my DIY master keyboard with 88 keys to a new Fatar piano keyboard with 3 contacts per key (better dynamic play should be possible with it than only with 2 contacts). Then Varranger 2 runs again.

I wish everyone in the forum much health and that this phase passes quickly.

Sincerely, Werner

giupa

From Italy: Andrà tutto bene❤

garciarob

From Italy: ❤️❤️❤️

Why don't you share your home live performance with vArranger?

Dan

garciarob

Happy Easter to all! At home, but with music!!!

BjayG

Easter Greetings!   

See attached  - keep safe!

Barry

garciarob

Quote from: garciarob on April 04, 2020, 06:17:59 AM
From Italy: ❤️❤️❤️

Why don't you share your home live performance with vArranger?

Here is mine. Jamming with t5 (to genos) style.
Hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/jLeNFDIgdjU

BjayG

garciarob -

Very nice indeed - I greatly enjoyed it.  Good sounds and nice arrangememt!

Barry

garciarob

Quote from: BjayG on April 25, 2020, 12:03:45 PM
garciarob -

Very nice indeed - I greatly enjoyed it.  Good sounds and nice arrangememt!

Barry

Thanks a lot!

Dan

Great ! nice selection of sounds, and graphics :)
Now we want to see your hands playing :)

garciarob

Quote from: Dan on April 25, 2020, 11:50:58 PM
Great ! nice selection of sounds, and graphics :)
Now we want to see your hands playing :)

Thanks for your appreciation  8)

Regarding the hands, it's quite difficult, if i record with smartphone from speakers sounds are not good.
I prefer to record the mp3 from the software and create a video from that.

Dan

Yes... Then need a software to mix the sound and video together...

garciarob

Just to share my work, I find this solution to have everything under control.

I have mapped all function keys (and some knobs and sliders) of my launchkey as controllers (some of them as vst controls, some as control changes) and almost all keys of a second keyboard connected to pc as program changes and control changes (and to other basic usage of control).

So my pc (i5, 16gb of ram, uca202 as soundcard) has two keyboard (connected to two usb ports), one for pc usage, one for varranger control.

I share also a photo.

garciarob

Quote from: Dan on April 26, 2020, 09:18:48 AM
Yes... Then need a software to mix the sound and video together...

too little time  :(

Soundman

A few years ago me and my wife also had to stay at home in quarantine because my little son had a immune deficiency. No visits, no greens even not opening the window when he was not save in his room. After a few months we had to stay in hospital. Protective masks, gloves, protective jacket, air locked room from the early morning until late night. That was reality for further six months until he was cured. It took nearly one year to go back to normal life.

I am happy because we are all healthy.
I am happy because I can go to work.
I am happy to stay at home.

I am happy because I have enough time to become more familiar with my newly bought vArranger.  :)

Keep distance - Protect lives. Not only old people can die if they become infected.
Stay at home and make some music!

garciarob

Another recording, jamming on an old standard ("Old Time Rock&Roll" by Bob Seger)...

https://youtu.be/3d1z3YU14-0

Dan

Wow :) So much original