News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Best Styles For vArranger and Ketron SD2

Started by Deane, March 17, 2020, 12:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

I was wondering - if you use vArranger with the SD2 what styles have worked best for you. For example,
do you use Ketron's .PAT formatted styles?  If you use conversions from all the other keyboards - which ones work best for you?   Like may keyboard players, I have thousands of styles from just about every known arranger keyboard and I have found a lot of them simply do not play well with vArranger.  It would be nice to have a lot of the forum members join in here and tell us what you have discovered.

Oh yes, what version of vArranger are. you using? I am using 1.19.
Deane

Deane

Wow, 62 view and no-one has an opinion about the various style conversions that do not play well on
vArranger!   I thought there would be more interest.

Deane

haweneu

Hi,
I use the SD1000. I also owned an SD2 but SD1000 is mutch better and so i sold my SD2!

I found in the Internet thousands of Styles and most Styles from Ketron and Yamaha sound very well for me!

Best regards
Werner

Livio5

Hello Deane,
I have an SD2, SD1000 and now an SD90. The sounds of the SD1000 and SD90 are almost identical if it weren't for the tiresome problem of saving the effects.
The SD2 isn't much worse either. There are many older Ketron-pat styles that sound better with the SD2 than with the other two. But everything is very subjective.
Roland styles also all sound very good on the Ketron devices, often better than on the original Roland devices. (I have a BK-7m)
Unfortunately there are often problems with Yamaha, especially if MEGA voices are used in the style, i.e. from Tyros1.
For audio styles, you can forget about the SD2 (the newer Yamaha and Korg devices).
I hope that Google translates this somewhat understandably!
greetings
Silvio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original:
Hallo Deane,
ich habe ein SD2, SD1000 und jetzt auch ein SD90. Die Sounds des SD1000 und des SD90 sind fast identisch, wenn das leidige Problem mit der Speicherung der Effekte nicht wäre.
Das SD2 ist auch nicht viel schlechter. Es gibt gerade viele ältere Ketron-pat-Styles die mit dem SD2 besser klingen als mit den anderen beiden. Ist aber alles sehr subjektiv.
Roland-Styles klingen auch alle sehr gut auf den Ketron-Geräten, oftmals besser als auf den Original-Roland-Geräten.(ich habe ein BK-7m)
Mit Yamaha gibts leider oft Probleme, vor allen wenn im Style MEGA-Voices verwendet werden, also ab Tyros1.
Bei Audio-Styles  kannst Du das SD2 vergessen  (die neueren Yamaha und Korg Geräte).
Ich hoffe, dass Google das einigermaßen verständlich übersetzt !
Grüße
Silvio

Deane

Silvio,
Thanks for the reply. This is what I want fo find out - what other players experience has been.

Deane