News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger 1.19 Kaspersky Trojan detect

Started by Lionel, November 07, 2018, 03:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionel

Hi Dan,

Having downloaded the latest version 1.19 Kaspersky refused to download it.

This is not the 1st time an update has had a warning.

In this day and age this is not the solution of disabling antivirus to download an update based on its ok faith.

i would expect as you the programmer needs to change the way downloads are done.

I am not accusing you of intent but what if your software was taken over / sold to another person/company with
maliciuos intent.We cannot download with the assumption its ok just disable anti virus.

I have attached the screen shot of Kasperky warning that the latest update has a trojan with the name of Trojan.MSIL.Crypt.gzal

upon googling this it is not very promising.

Hoping for a public response and explanation.
Regards
Lionel

baze

Hi,

I have the same problem with Windows Defender.
It would not let me download the files

Any solutions other then disabling the virus program?

Regards

Baze

Dan

BjayG

Dan,

Or you could try fixing the problem - as I have had it too over the years (but not with the latest version in fact).  Its not satisfactory to keep telling people to submit the software to the anti-virus vendors for verification.

I buy LOTS of other software from other people and have never had such a problem with their software.  You must be doing something different  - SO what EXACTLY are you doing that causes this problem?

Barry

Dan

Yes Barry, I am not happy about that.
I don't know why antivirus decide to say vArranger is a virus. Only them can know and they don't tell me.
Maybe the copy protection prevent the antivirus to analyse the exe, and it become suspicious
Also antivirus are more afraid about programs like vArranger that ask administrative privileges.
I from time to time submit the vArranger files to major antivirus, and then they update their white-list database after few days, and they push the new definition update to all their users.
But vArranger files changes every few days and they need always re-submitting to all antivirus companies, as they don't repair their problem, just add probably this file signature only. This is a very time consuming task
Still searching for a solution...

BjayG

Hi Dan

In which case you have my sympathy and I don't see how you can do much more. 

What is weird is to how variable it is.   I have Windows Defender on one of my machines and it has no problem with vA - yet people are complaining that their copy says its a virus.   I don't see why this should be the case - unless they somehow have different level of virus signature files on their computers (mine are up to date).  So perhaps one solution is to ask people to check that their anti-virus programs are updating correctly to the latest version as I suppose it is possible that updating may somehow have inadvertently be getting switched off.

Barry

olivier71500

I have this problem as well and I have the latest update.
It does not solve problem.

Lionel

Yes, the simple oh maybe not updated or something switched comment.  :o

Yes it's very annoying. I switched Kaspersky to download and Defender picks it up as virus, disable that install,
Re-enable defender and kaspersky they pick it up straight away and quarantine it.

This makes it nearly unusable the way it is.
A bit annoyed that we have to contact kaspersky, etc to tell em it's legitimate.

Yes for commenters, it is fully up to date system, and yes virus definitions up to date.

The current setup needs to change. >:(

olivier71500

For the moment I am waiting for Kaspersky answer
But we need to contact ALL antivirus companies ?

------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Lab

The files have been scanned in automatic mode.

Malicious code has been detected in the following files:
vArranger2.exe - Trojan.MSIL.Crypt.gzey

We will thoroughly analyze the files you sent. If the result of the analysis is different from this automatic scan result, you will be notified via email.

This is an automatically generated message. Please do not reply to it.

Anti-Virus Lab, Kaspersky Lab HQ

"39A/3 Leningradskoe Shosse, Moscow, 125212, Russia
Tel./Fax: + 7 (495) 797 8700
http://www.kaspersky.com https://www.securelist.com"
-----------------

olivier71500

However in Kaspersky we can configure exclusions :

Open Kaspersky (I have total security version)
=> Configuration (icon in bottom left of kaspersky panel)
=> advanced
=> exclusions

But each time something change (updates, ...) varranger will be put in quarantine

Lionel

Thanks Olivier for your persistence in this..

Lionel

bluebeat

Dan,
Not only "Kasperski" but I had a different problem. I took USB key stick (which had the vArranger installation software on it) to another computer, and defender located and deleted software from the stick with next definition security patch update. So, it is a good idea to have installers on two computers with "white listed" on at least 1 system, so you have a backup. Dan, maybe you need to write to Microsoft, so they do not tag it as virus? I had similar issues with my site some years ago... IE filters used to block it for some of the customers. I had to write couple of letters to them, then they added it to "allowed" list of their filters. Never had such issue again.

Petr Mach