News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Own styles for vArranger - which format is the best?

Started by Alf, September 04, 2019, 03:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alf

Hi all!

I mostly create my own styles for arrangements that we play with our small combo.
Normally I go for the Yamaha style format. One reason is that earlier I did styles directly on my PSR-540.
Another reason is that in the last weeks I tried Yamaha's XGWorks and midi2style to create some styles (although I'm not really satisfied with the result of midi2style, because it kills some bass drum notes of one of my styles on its own - very strange).

Anyway, what is the style format to use when playing an arrangement with vArranger?
Which company has the most interesting style format in terms of possibilities or variety?
Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Technics or even Casio?

Is Yamaha still the format to go? Or does one of the other formats offer more flexibility like half bars, more fills, more routing for fills and main parts, registrations or anything special?

And which is the best or most comfrotable way to create own styles on a Windows 10 computer?
Which is the best (free) midi editor with a decent piano roll editor, marker handling and everything needed to create a style?

Dan

I think Yamaha is the easiest, as you can create the midifile in any DAW
Then you can use a tool like CasmEdit, to tune every track to what you need
https://www.mnppsaturn.ru/osenenko/Main_eng.htm