News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

NEW : VERSION 'NEXT'

Started by Dan, August 22, 2019, 10:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BjayG

Dan wrote - "For now, the little numbers are not very interesting, as they are only minor builds"

What difference, or effort, does it take to write ALL the numbers - it may not seem to make a difference - but people feel they want to know.   

I'm actually beggining to feel how my wife must feel when she wants me to mow the lawn - nag! nag! nag!    :(

Barry

claudio

Maybe the use of this technique is meant to empower to Dan to control subjects, ( Divide and rule ) :)

Claudio

Dan

When I have changed a part of the signature of the program to try to get better favors against the antivirus, I have changed the number to recognize it. I also sent it to few users to test if it really helps or not with anti virus.
When one user told me about problems with some VST, it was hard for me to understand the problem, and I had to do a big cleaning in the code.
In the beginning, vArranger had only one midi out, then we have added MIDI OUT 2, and then MIDI OUT 3. This caused the code to send to MIDI OUT 1 and MIDI OUT 2 and MIDI OUT 3, and the code become not very clear, and difficult to maintain.
I did the big work of putting everything in different classes and now I can loop through the MIDI OUTs easily, and also maybe add later a MIDI OUT 4 more easily, and also differentiate a bit more the MIDI outs characteristics.
This was a big internal change, so I changed the number to get a trace of it, and send it to few users to test.
When some users reported problems with their screen, I did a change that can impact the vArranger display. As there is so much different screens configurations, size, resolutions, dpi, font size, font languages... I changed the number, and send to few users to test.
And some other changes like this...
All this... I am not 100% sure if I did it well until I get the result of the testing, and add it to the future version 1.20
With such changes, I prefer to not send the not fully tested version to everyone, and then discover problems.
I have many pro users, giging musicians etc... and I am really afraid when I change some lines of code

Please stay confident that I only want the best for all my users, and take the best decisions, so my users can play music without having all the worries I have.
Also, don't think that some users are preferred etc...and some are forgotten, if the 1.19.XX is not exactly the same for everyone.
The 1.20 will be the same
I also can't communicate always, everything... as not all is interesting, and my time is somewhat limited

bluebeat

Hi Dan.
I visit the forum every week or so to see if the new version was released.. Are you getting closer?
Thank you.

Dan

Yes, I want to finish the tuning of the new sample streaming engine, before releasing something for every one.
With this new coming feature, I am able to play our 4 soundbanks and more with a little computer that has only 2GB of RAM.
SSD hard drive is a good option to profit of fast sound loading, and low memory usage

ciroscoppa

Salve buonasera , potrei sapere come chiedere la vers. di VARRANGER2 ??

GRazie per la disponibilità

MusicMan

Dan,
As a potential new subscriber, I anxiously await release of the New vArranger 2020 Version end of this month (as promised in PM).
Are you still on track for delivery?
What are Pros and Cons of using sf2 vs sfz with vArranger ? 

Regards. 

Dan

Yes Yes Yes !

Basically, most of users does not created their own samples. They use SF2 or SFZ instruments found on internet
You can simply use both together in vArranger

MusicMan

I read somewhere on the forum that SFZ format allows a more in depth (sound) synthesis than the SF2 format, hence the question.

Great news....re the 2020 version.

Regards.

Dan

Yes, like round robins etc...

lakere

Good news on the 2020 version.  I look forward to it. I'm sure many users of the pirate version can't stand it anymore and just go ahead but the version from Dan.   

bluebeat

Dan,
Can I get good news on 2020 version, or it is not ready yet?

MusicMan

Quote from: bluebeat on August 31, 2020, 01:23:45 AM
Dan,
Can I get good news on 2020 version, or it is not ready yet?

This was Dan's reply to my query last week.
"Yes, The update will be released before end of August"

Still waiting........ let's see what happens tomorrow.

Dan

freakman

I haven't asked for a long time, today is September 1st.
Is the new version already available, I haven't received it yet.
Shouldn't it actually work automatically?
Or do you have to ask again?

MusicMan

Quote from: Dan on August 31, 2020, 10:03:47 PM
:'(version

I am certain there are many others including myself, eagerly awaiting the proposed varranger2 VERSION 'NEXT' 2020 posted on the forum now over a year ago.

Whilst your dedication and commitment to the continued development of varranger2 is indisputable, timely and accurate feedback seems to be lacking in this instance. 

Based on some users posts, this gives the impression of favoritism and inequality in receiving updates due to them. It also appears that collecting
50 Euro updates from existing users is now priority than wooing new subscribers to increase your user base, (financially...,the latter should also be considered).

The VERSION 'NEXT' 2020 offers the ideal situation to achieve this.

In spirit of transparency, and to assuage user concerns, why not state the latest version available (i.e. v1.19.12,.13 or.14 etc) with updated features to facilitate informed decisions.

I hope this response is not viewed negatively or as a personal affront, but in some way to improve communications in the future.   

My question still remains, what is the latest status on the version 'NEXT' 2020 upgrade?

Committed to subscribing when released.

MusicMan

Dan,
Are you OK,? Hope you are in good health. Your silence is deafening. I had no feedback to my post sent 3 days ago.

Myself and two others are waiting to subscribe, but are confused at your non- response.

To assist with purchase, could you state: (1). Latest v1.19 varranger version available and features still to be installed .
(2). New ETA of VERSION 2020.

You can reply via forum or PM if you so choose.

Lylo

Be quiet, new version will come soon, Dan work on vArranger but he have some difficulty to integrate some features.

MusicMan

Quote from: Lylo on September 05, 2020, 06:18:54 AM
Be quiet, new version will come soon, Dan work on vArranger but he have some difficulty to integrate some features.

Lylo,
Thanks for the info.
Don't understand why Dan couldn't have done likewise,..... just plain and simple courtesy. 
Again, appreciate your feedback.

Lylo

Perhaps he hope to annonce the release day after day and at the end of each day he see it cannot possible and etc.

paoloaccordion

Calma.... Non è semplice scrivere un programma! Fate lavorare Dan!

Nikomedia

Am I the only one who is still waiting for the promised update?

Dan

Nikomedia

Quote from: Dan on October 02, 2020, 10:31:09 AM
Everyone is waiting Niko !
I am sure that is exactly what your 50€ subscribers want to read.

likopl

Też czekam. I nie mogę już wytrzymać, ale jestem cierpliwy ;)

Vasik

musicmaker84

My subscription either renews or expires in May next year.

It all depends  if there will have been by then a substantial upgrade or not. In reality, I am happy as things are atm, and I do not really need anything added for now.

Of course, if there is something in a future update  I want to use, and I would have to renew my subscription again in order to get the update, I'll pay again.

As things stand today, I just might cancel my subscription before the renewal and wait for good things to happen first.

Nikomedia

Quote from: musicmaker84 on October 17, 2020, 02:54:37 PM
As things stand today, I just might cancel my subscription before the renewal and wait for good things to happen first.
I go a step further.
I already canceled my subscription on PayPal and at the end of the month, if nothing happens, I will open a case on PayPal and get my money back, because nothing what was promised happened.
With the screenshot I will send to PayPal, I am sure they are on my side, as they always have been until now.

claudiodecubellis

Dan has never disappointed expectations and all these controversies are not constructive have patience that the update will be released sooner or later Dan is a serious person

musicmaker84

Quote from: claudiodecubellis on October 17, 2020, 04:31:42 PM
Dan has never disappointed expectations and all these controversies are not constructive have patience that the update will be released sooner or later Dan is a serious person

I don't doubt Dan's integrity and good intentions. I love the software. I paid the €50 since I couldn't locate my old 1.19 version file after an SSD upgrade which I already had received before the subscription scheme had been introduced. The only version I still had saved was 1.18.

In a way, I got my money's worth since it wasn't Dan's fault that I hadn't made a backup.

So, the next time I have to pay it will depend on features made available I really want to have or not. It has nothing to do with anything beyond that.

Lylo

Neither system is the right system.
When vArranger haved some free updates Dan cannot work for this because he cannot live with this bizness plan and at the end he risk forsake vArranger.
And when people pay for updates to become calm of the futur of vA, they are to impatients because they don't understand that software need a lot of time for developpement because complexity.

Me too I'm impatient of the new version but if Dan cannot release it, it's only because it's impossible for have a software stable.

Bernie9

I have been with Dan from the beginning, and have always known him to be honest and provide more the money than anyone else.  I agree that patience should be shone.

agaton

Quote from: Nikomedia on October 17, 2020, 03:34:03 PM... I will open a case on PayPal and get my money back, because nothing what was promised happened. With the screenshot I will send to PayPal, I am sure they are on my side, as they always have been until now...
What was promised and not happend ?

likopl

Czy to będzie prezent pod choinkę? :)

laimis666

Hello Dan. 1.20 Will it be a Christmas present?

Uwelife44

Can I Download the version 1.20

haweneu

Hello all VA2 Fans,
I hope the calm here in the forum is a good sign that Dan will deliver the new version soon!
Best regards
Werner

Nikomedia

Hello Dan,

could you please send me the latest Version.

Thanks from Vienna!

balajo

Dan,

Could you please send me the latest version.

Thanks,
Balajo

bluebeat

Dan,
Kindly send me updated version.
Thank you.

freakman

Hi there,
Do you have to ask again now?
Wait for the 20..er version since 2019.
Thought it should happen automatically.
If it already give the 20th version please send
Not that I will forget.
thanks.

jeong seog kim

Dan

I would like to receive a new version of Varranger2.
Thank you

momboc

Hello Dan,

Will the 'NEXT' version of vArranger have any changes to the main screen/GUI, or will it be the same as the current 1.19 version?

Regards

Ian

hernandez

dan ou se trouve ,  SOUND EDIT / EQUALIZER dans varranger

Woge1000

Nun ist bald Weihnachten.Kommt da noch ein Geschenk vom Dan???

musicmaker84

It won´t be vaporware unless Dan announces he cancelled the update or the website shuts down. Whatever comes first....  ;D :P

musicmaker84

Quote from: musicmaker84 on December 21, 2021, 05:57:37 PM
It won´t be vaporware unless Dan announces he cancelled the update or the website shuts down. Whatever comes first....  ;D :P

Actually, I might be wrong with my definition:

"Vaporware
In the computer industry, vaporware is a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is late or never actually manufactured nor officially cancelled. Use of the word has broadened to include products such as automobiles.Wikipedia"

musicmaker84

Quote from: Dan on August 25, 2019, 11:48:03 PM

The goal of the annual subscription is to select few users who likes to receive more intermediate updates during the year, for every little step rather than wait for the big step in a more long time. This also will be a little income for me to help me to continue the devs further. You can't imagine how much time I offer to the actual user base. I am sorry if I can't implement all good ideas as fast as we all want.
By the way, some good surprises are coming, keep reading this topic.

But going back to the beginning of the thread, at some point Dan must have decided to deviate from his vision what the annual subscription fee would provide: minute updates for the subscribers, and a large update at the end for the non-subscribers. Just saying....

BjayG

You need to admit to yourself that Dan has beaten us - as no amount of cajoling him is going to produce the update - or information - so save yourself some stress/time.     

Indeed - the best solution I recommend is to be happy and practice/play your keyboard (or look for an alternative solution).

But can I wish everyone (particularly Dan) a Great Christmas and to have a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Barry

The Wizz

As we fast approach the end of another year of broken promises concerning the subject matter, it seems that vArrangers2 development is now dormant.

Based on Dan's past action/inactions, the prospect of any update soon is improbable.

I concur with Barry's comments, play and enjoy whatever instrument you have or seek other options.

As the song goes "Don't Worry, Be Happy".

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Bright, Prosperous and Safe New Year.

marcstieve

It is, we are at the gates of Christmas, I still dare to believe in Santa Claus.
May this celebration bring to us what each of us hopes for on this wonderful day.
Merry Christmas to all.

freakman

musicmaker84

Quote from: BjayG on December 22, 2021, 01:19:26 PM
You need to admit to yourself that Dan has beaten us - as no amount of cajoling him is going to produce the update - or information - so save yourself some stress/time.     

Indeed - the best solution I recommend is to be happy and practice/play your keyboard (or look for an alternative solution).

But can I wish everyone (particularly Dan) a Great Christmas and to have a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Barry

My musings were in response to Woge's question.

I do enjoy myself playing using my current setup, version, etc.

As long as there is this forum, there is hope  ;)

Merry XMas to everyone!

BjayG

> You need to admit to yourself that Dan has beaten us - as no amount of cajoling him is going to produce the update - or information - so save yourself some stress/time.     

I should clarify that it is not that I think an update will never happen - just that Dan will ignore us and do it in his own time (or not) and there is no point in keep asking.

Barry

Woge1000

But it has become quiet as far as the update is concerned. Slowly I have the feeling that some already have an update, and have to be quiet, so only a few complain.

Gunnar J

Quote from: Woge1000 on December 23, 2021, 07:04:19 PM
But it has become quiet as far as the update is concerned. Slowly I have the feeling that some already have an update, and have to be quiet, so only a few complain.

I think that is not quite true, but reading the forum, we know Dan have some 'betatesters' now and then to help try out things. That's very normal.
It's not unusual the the T T T rule get active when things get tricky, Things Take Time. 🎶🍷🎶

Woge1000

Well, 3X paid € 50 and received 1 update, I don't think that's normal at all

Gunnar J

Quote from: Woge1000 on December 24, 2021, 12:09:55 PM
Well, 3X paid € 50 and received 1 update, I don't think that's normal at all

I can agree that the 'annual fee' solution is not among the best or preferred, and it makes people expect major updates on an annual basis. Minor adjustments and urgent bugfixes should always be free.
When major changes and new addons is ready to release, it would bo OK to pay a 'one time fee'. Then you will know if the updates is something for your needs before deside to buy the new version.

Anyway, Merry X-mas to everybody! 🎄🎶🎄🎶

Dan

I am sorry I don't have enough time actually to answer to all suppositions written here, this does not mean they are true
I have finished one more step I was working on, to be ready for the next version, that seem's to improve things so far.
It is related to dispatching the virtual instruments to use the different cores of the CPU
Have good hopes for the next week :)

agaton

Quote from: Dan on December 24, 2021, 02:48:13 PM
It is related to dispatching the virtual instruments to use the different cores of the CPU
Have good hopes for the next week :)

Very, very good, one of the most important functions !!!

BjayG

> Dan wrote:
>I am sorry I don't have enough time actually to answer to all suppositions written here, this does not mean they are true

I no longer have any sympathy.     

If you just wrote a simple once sentence statement about progress every month or so (even 'no progress' would do)  then people would leave you alone and not start making things up.    You probably spend more time reading false statments than it would take to write a hundred true progress statments.    This has been said before by many of your "customers". 

The Wizz

Dan says>Have good hopes for the next week :)

It's been over 2 years of hoping and waiting.

Regular updates on progress, as repeatedly requested for on past posts and as BjayG suggests, will surely allay current and potential users concerns and mistrust.

Hoping for some improvements in the New Year.

Dan , over to you.

Cheers.

v.muller

Dan,
Is it worth it to you?

It seems like a mockery of your customers to want people to pay for updates and at the same time not issue any updates.
This is not a good reputation for your whole wonderful project.

If you don't have enough time, why not get someone to help you with the program?

vArranger is certainly the best software aranger, but we all know he needs to fine tune.

More than adding other features, I would focus on fixing and completing the existing ones.

With wishes of beautiful holidays and much success in the new year

your big fan
Vaclav

Dan

Vaclav, thank you for your kind words
Can you send me private email with what you consider features that need to be completed?
I need some recall from time to time :)
Yes, having some people to help me should be great. Someone to answer the tech support emails and forum manager, someone to do the marketing, someone for the sales and accounting, someone for the graphics, someone to port vArranger on iOS and Android and Mac, someone for creating pro website, someone for the sampling of real instruments, someone for creating new styles, and some to helps me on the new features that require lot of work...
Wish you all the best

ps : I am reading everything here.. good and less good comments

The Wizz

Dan,

It is my opinion that vArranger was originally created as a musical software arranger for your personal use and not for sale distribution.
However, it have since evolved into a very lucrative business venture on your part eg. € 349 for the software, plus € 50 to transfer licence, (€ 100 depending on upgrade) and € 50 (revolving) donation scheme for updates.

Kudos to you on your insight and musical creative skills.

Lacking then, and even now, (by your own admission,) are supporting services for effective communication, marketing and future R&Development. This don't auger well for future updates.

I am a bit confused, why can't you obtain help as needed? vArranger is now over 10 years.

Your last 2 posts seems to suggest a feeling of impatience or resentment to users highlighting valid concerns regarding the promised update.

Hope I am wrong.

Dan

No. I just prefer to work and provide good stuff rather than talk and talk and talk
vArranger is less lucrative than working in an average company
This is a choice of a passion

The Wizz

Dan,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, it's known that you seldom talk and talk and talk re the new version.

I am not being sarcastic, but since vArranger is your passion of choice, and
re: your quote "Yes, having some people to help me should be great".

The question still remains.

"Why don't you get help with vArranger's development program?" 

I rest my case.

Dan

I ve got some help, and vArranger is a very great software  8)

The Wizz

Great News at last!!!!

I concur, v Arranger is the best arranger software available.
Looking forward to the new features.

Cheers and keep Safe.

bluebeat

What is the status of this? Dead?

salvatore993

Subscription executed, thank you Dan.What should I do now, to download the new version?

stevemarfisi

Am I the only one running the new v1.20.01 drop? Where is the excitement?

Granted, I had lost my USB dongle for some time, and just found it anew. Prepping for a 70th anniversary celebration, covering songs across the decades, and certainly (to my ears) vArranger sounds great. I'm using a slightly modified Compifont GM sf2, and mostly Tyros5 and Roland G70 styles, and frankly, I forgot how much fun this is. I am sorry that I cannot compare feature sets and sounds to old, because I have not been a regular user for almost 2 years.

Thus far the app is rock-solid. Not one blip in 10+ hours of prep time....ah, yes - I modified a 4gb + SF2 and hung vArranger. Pretty sure that I am using the 64-bit app, and maybe I pooched the SF2 when I modified it, so not going to blame anyone but me for now.

Nice going Dan!

haweneu

Hi,
is it right that you have a Varranger 2 Version v1.20.01?

If yes from where?

I think the latest Version is 1.19.xx.

Best regards
Werner

freakman

musiker-playboy

Hi Dan,
I pay every year 50 Euro for updates.
Please send me the new version ,,beta".
Best thanks.

plpablo

Hello, I have been reading this forum for a long time, is it true that a new version of Varranger 1.20.02 has been released? If the program is further developed, I will gladly buy it together with the genos sounds. What does the new version bring compared to 1.19? What would be the price for the set? Thank you in advance for your answer..