News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Sample Songs Recorded with vArranger

Started by Deane, June 25, 2011, 04:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

I figured out how to record songs using vArranger.  I use a free program called Audacity to do simple recordings.
I connected the output of the SD2 to my PC input with Audacity running on it and I use the PC speakers to monitor what is happening.
Here is a link to my first 5 songs I have setup and recorded using vArranger.

http://www.box.net/shared/opt58zj79nq8kx72qpq6

Deane

Dan

Hey Deane, BRAVO !

The music that you are producing after only 2/3 days with your SD2 is amazing.

Can you tell again how old are you? I am very impressed about the number of over 60 who are playing with vArranger...Who are not afraid of computers...

About your songs, I give you an advice. I would suggest you to put the SD2 volume at max when recording, and on Audacity, you can find an editing tools called NORMALIZE who will try to increase the digital volume.  I also think that you can can remix your songs, to add a little bit more accomp volume, then save the song again.

I am sure that you will love vA on gig :)

Dan

Deane

Dan,
I just turned 71 on June 11th this year but have always used computers in my life - nothing new.  I also have an Ipad that I use for all kinds of things. 

My wife said to ask how old are you?  You have us all guessing.

Yes, I did not attempt to "tweak" the recordings and balance anything.  I just want to get a few basic samples up and running.  I'll play with it this weekend some more and see what I can do with it.  One thing I know little about is sound engineering but is will be fun learning.

Deane

Dan

I am 30 years old :) and still a lot of things to learn....

jan1kow

Deane
so does this make a mp3 file of the midi file
jon

Deane

Jon,
With Audacity you can export your recording to a WAV file or a MP3 file.
Deane