Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Lagging

Started by heonoocquay, May 29, 2019, 09:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heonoocquay

Hi all,
I have a MOXF8, vArranger 1.9.3, Laptop:CPU=i7 (gen6), RAM=32GB, SSD disk
I download Korg PA4X styles from this site, and I find out that some styles are working perfectly, but many styles are lagging.

When I move from A to B, it's ok, no lagging. From B - C: sometimes ok, sometimes lagging. From C - D: lagging.
From C to D: if I press Fill first and then D --> OK.

I try with MOTIF/Montage/GX/GM etc. but the result is the same
Is the issue on my laptop/MOXF or the lagging styles are just bad ?
(I test with Yamaha PSR-S710 styles included in vArranger, and they all work perfectly. I download PSR-S970, and some of them are lagging too).

Regards,
Heo

Dan

Hello,

I have myself bought a YAMAHA MODX6 and have noticed that when you send a ProgramChange message, the MODX is taking some time to change the sound.
I think some sounds are loading some DSP fx behind the scene, and this cause the Yamaha synth to stop responding for few milliseconds.
Too bad.....

I have read this here too :
https://yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/latency-when-changing-voice-on-montage

heonoocquay

Thank you for your information, Dan
Then I don't have to spend time on troubleshooting

Dan

Yes.
Maybe an option will be to "pre-load" 8 instruments when the style is loaded, so the lag will be when you load the style, and not when you change the variation the first time
But... it will still lag if the style's track includes some program changes in between

paulus1971

I used to use vArranger with yamaha moxf6.......the same problem happens....i asked yamaha forum, the answer is ...no solution....because yamaha load new fx when changing programs....so i ended up selling my yamaha moxf6

I am now using vArranger with Roland Integra 7, and no problem and no lagging whatsoever.....