News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Buy vArranger

Started by heonoocquay, May 10, 2019, 07:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heonoocquay

Hi Dan,
I have a Yamaha MOXF 8 and consider to buy vArranger2. And I have a few questions before I purchase the software.
1: Yamaha MOXF 8 and vArranger2:
- Can I play MOXF performances (voices + arpeggios) from vArranger2 ?
- If I buy a sample pack (styles + voices) for PRS-S775, can I use the voices from the packs ? (if yes, the voices sound like I play on a PRS-S775 ?)

2-Free upgrade and support ?
3-I never use midi before. Any instructions about setting up Midi on MOXF 8 and vArranger2 ? Can I control vA2 from MOXF 8 ?
4-I have a laptop from work. And I get new laptop every 2 years, and I have to return the old laptop to my company. Is it easy to move vArranger2 to the new laptop ?

Regards,
Heo

Lylo

Hello, before the Dan's answer.

1:
- voice yes, arpeggios I don't think so
- styles yes, voice no
2: yes
3: yes with the external midi limitation of the MOX 8
4: yes with a basic configuration (with vsti it's less simple

heonoocquay

Thank you, Lylo
I read this post: https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,1744.msg13448.html#msg13448, and found a lot of answers  :)
How can I order vArranger ? Just click on "Buy Now" ?

BR, Heo

BjayG

1: Yamaha MOXF 8 and vArranger2:
- Can I play MOXF performances (voices + arpeggios) from vArranger2 ?
- If I buy a sample pack (styles + voices) for PRS-S775, can I use the voices from the packs ? (if yes, the voices sound like I play on a PRS-S775 ?)

Not sure what you mean - so clarrify.  If you mean buy Yamaha sample packs which include sounds that would load into a PRS-S775 then the styles should work (but are likely to require adjustment) - the sounds almost certainly not as vA has no way to load the Yamaha sounds.   vA can sound great - but it is unlikely to sound like a PRS-S775 unless you are using an PRS-S775 to create the sound.  So don't naively assume that if you buy vA you will have a cheap PRS-S775.  One of vA's bigest faults is the lack of registration memory.

2-Free upgrade and support ?
Free upgrade currently yes - but some misguided individuals on the forum keep naively suggesting that Dan should charge for updates to get some of the missing facilities added.    I really hope he is not thinking about this.

If you have a problem with getting vA working then Dan will fix it fairly quickly - but if you have an issue with the way tha vA works and its functionality - then you are likely to get ignored.

If you buy - then test it thorougly to see if it really does what you want.

Barry

musicmaker84

vArranger is by far the best PC based software arranger available. It's also the most expensive one. vArranger is straight forward in some areas, in others it is unexpectedly fiddly.

You buy by just clicking the button and processing the purchase. But you will have to wait for Dan to send you an email with further instructions. Some preparation will be required. Make sure, you have got a quality USB stick available.

heonoocquay

Thank you for your tips. Have bought and used  :)
vA is the first music software I use, and I love it.
Br, Heo

Dan

Hello Heo, and welcome to you on the vArranger forum

Nice to see you can enjoy playing music with vArranger and your MOXF8 after only few minutes, without need to be an expert in the computer's music world :)