Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Using vArranger on Gigs

Started by Deane, June 21, 2011, 01:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Dan,
What I would like to do is setup songs that I play on gigs so that they have
4 variations with each variation having a different right hand lead voice.  It would be
awesome if when I changed variations the new voice changed with it. 

Once I have a song setup how is it saved so that it can be recalled with all of it's settings?

Deane

Deane

Wow!! I had no idea how great this thing would sound.  I am totally blown away by what I am hearing.  So far all I have done is go through the voices and it is astonishing how real they are.  I can't wait to take this system on a gig.

I have been controlling everything with my mouse pad and that really won't work for live playing.  Anyone who has ideas on how to use the controller, (in my case a Roland A-800 Pro) to do things like change voices, change variations or anything else anyone has thought of please dive in here and share your experience.

Deane

Dan

Welcome Deane to the AMAZING world of vArranger.

Your WOW reaction is normal. Be reassured :)

The couple SD2 + vArranger is a perfect match.

Let me explain to you some basis about vArranger.

1) SETUP YOUR SONGS

Look at the MY SONGS part of the screen.
You have to know that the buttons with POP, BALLAD, UNPLUGGED, LATIN are just windows folder, that you can fully customize (rename, delete, add new folders as you want)
There is a link called 'My Songs Folder...' who will drives you directly to the songs folders.
Press refresh, if you want to refresh the song folders according to your modifications.
So you can create a folder called for example DEANE REP1.
Inside the folders, you can put ANY KIND of files.  PAT, STY, MID, KAR, MP3...
They will then be displaying on the vArranger screen.

There is another important thing :  the button SAVE SONG
When you want to adjust a volume, or do any other song preparation, just make your change and press SAVE SONG. (look at the checkboxes)

2) MY SOUNDS BAR
When you think a sound is good to go with a style, just DRAG AND DROP it on the MY SOUNDS zone. You can order them as you want by dragging the buttons.
There is a LINK button on the bar. It will link the style's variations A B C D to the first 4 sounds on the bar.

If you always want that the LINK button is ON at startup, just put it ON then press SAVE STARTUP CONFIG.

When your MY SOUNDS bar is including all your best right hand (and left hand eventually) sounds to go with this style, just press SAVE SONG, and don't forget to check the MY SOUNDS box.

3) CONTROLLERS
When you want to play music, you have to forgot the mouse.
You Roland A-800 Pro is plenty of buttons, knobs, and faders, so lets use them to control vArranger.
- Click on OPTIONS/CONTROLLERS
- Click on the function that you want to control, on the LIST. For example click on the START/STOP line.
- Press the button on the A-800 pro that you want to use.  (or a PC key).  Close the controllers window.
IT'S DONE.
Now, when you press on the button of the A800, the styles Start and Stop.
Easy no???
(ps I know that pads on the A800 have aftertouch, if you press them too hard. I suggest you to press them softly when you are on the Controllers screen.)

It's a good idea to assign some buttons for START/STOP, Variations ABCD, and MY SOUNDS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ...
Also assigning a slider to the MASTER VOLUME...

Here a quick start guide.

Feel free to ask any questions.

And... experiment !

Dan

Deane

Once again I am in awe of your support efforts.  I have many gigs this week so it will probably be the weekend before I can spend enough time with the software to make progress.  But that is ok - I want to get it right and not rush and have to redo things. 

Your quick start guide is perfect for my immediate needs and I will work on it the next few days. 

By the way, I sold the Roland BK-7M today.  Your software is better.

Thanks again,
Deane