News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Best Soundsource For A Beginner With vA2

Started by Bernie9, February 16, 2019, 04:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I am recommending this program to a fellow musician that is new to soft synth programs.  I have had vArranger many years, but have been away for awhile.  The last I knew, SD2, SD4, SD1000 had been mapped.  There is also a softsynth available in the program.  My question is if there is anything else he could use without mapping SFs and VSTs, which is beyond his expertise.  I have always used my trusty SD2, but he doesn't have one.

Bernie

bluebeat

I think his best bet would be SF2 bank using vSynth.
There are free and paid for. Maybe they do not sound the "best", but work out of the box, no wires no connections.
I think for beginner that would be a choice #1.
Open VA and start playing.

Bernie9

Thank you for the reply.  How does one assemble the SF2 library, and does it show the instruments like an SD2?  I guess I am old school in that I thought Dan had to map the instruments so they would show properly in the GUI.  I am sure you are correct, but the lack of knowledge on my part leads me to think it is not as simple as a module.  My friend, for example, is looking at an Ebay offering of 500 SF2 Ketron SD1000 sounds for $38.  One problem is no effects whatsoever.  What is your thought on something like this?
I appreciate your help.
Bernie

PierreD

When I bought vArranger and an SD1000, I had not a clue about MIDI! VArranger and SD1000 work extremely well together: just plug in the USB cable into the computer, assign MIDI OUT to SD1000 and that´s it.
I had never any trouble. I don´t know if it is the best setup for a beginner, but for sure this hardware is dead easy to use (the other question is the price of course...)

Bernie9

I felt the same way, and I have continued like you, but Dan has made countless improvements since the old days.  My friend is eager to get into it, but balking a bit about the additional cost of a module. The problem is that he is a seasoned old musician like myself that know good sounds, but doesn't know his way around software very well.  I know hardware is simple and reliable, but maybe he can learn other approaches with spending several hundred more on a module.

Thanks for the reply

Held3168

magali

:)
The top of the top it is Sound banks Yamaha V3 For the styles genos of course. I do not know if Dan can provide it now dice but I will leave soon an update with one mix as perfect as possible. Lend to play.

Bernie9

That sounds promising, though we have to get the lead sounds first.  I have to admit that I have not looked into what Dan has to offer, but I will.
Thanks all
Bernie