News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

problem when resizing a PDF file attached to styles

Started by santoscr, January 16, 2019, 11:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

santoscr

I do not know if I'm doing it right or if my installation has something wrong but
I have a problem using a PDF file attached to styles. when resizing to another size on the screen it does not fix this new position when you select another style with PDF file.
When the files are text, the position is always maintained.

I'm sending a file showing this problem.

thank you

Dan

I don't see any problems in your pictures screen.
The size of the score is saved and will be the same for all the songs. not different for every song.

santoscr

Hello Dan

step 1 - 6 (slide 1- 6): selecting a style (ENGL) with a PDF score, resizing and fixing the new position.
Step 7 - 9 (slide 7 - 9): Selecting other styles (RNB and POPCHART) with TEXT score and they keep the position set previously.
Step 10 (slide 10): selecting any style with a PDF score (in this example the same ENGL style) and the screen returns to the initial position before the setting in step 2 (slide 2).

This is my problem.
I can not set a new PDF score size.
There seems to be an initial limit.
If this does not happen with other users, it should be problem in my windows environment.
I will try to install on another computer and test.

Carlos

Dan

Yes. When you save the SCORE window size, in fact you save the maximum size it may take on the screen.
Then it will resize your PDF or JPG etc... files to enter into this zone, but it will also conserve the correct width/height ratio of the file and not stretch the image file, as it is really not nice
This is a desired feature

Deane

Dan,
I had the same problem with PDF Lead Sheet files.  I would resize one to fit my needs then do the save but when I went back to that song the sizing had not been saved.

Deane

santoscr

Good night.
This problem was solved by adjusting the page size of the pdf file editor.
In my case I'm using "Libre office" that allows me to save direct to pdf file.
While using standard page sizes (eg A4, Letter, etc.) the generated pdf file did not extend to the maximum size of my screen (15.6 ") inside the varranger2.
Now I use this page setup in the editor:
    orientation: landscape / length: 100,00cm / height: 55,00cm.
The generated pdf files can be enlarged to the maximum screen size and fixed in this position.
NOTE: For screens larger than 15.6 ", the values should be changed until the optimal setting is achieved.
All my previous scores in pdf should be edited for this new configuration.
I hope this helps those who need to expand the pdf scores to set the maximum screen size.