Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Midi clock Sync In

Started by bluebeat, January 07, 2019, 11:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

Hi Dan.
Happy New Year!

Can you please tell me and those who are interested if any progress was made on Midi Sync In feature?

Thank you.

balajo

Hello Dan, MIDI clock sync in would be a great feature to add to vArranger. I have been dreaming of that for a number of years, just think of it MIDI clock out from Cubase to MIDI clock in on vArranger what a combination for editing and making recordings. Balajo

Dan

Just added it for the NEXT or test version

bluebeat

Dan, this is GREAT news!
Can't wait.

balajo

Great news Dan, well worth the wait.😁

Dan

drepalla

thanks for reply, better to be sure :)

bluebeat

Dan,
Congrats and thank you! I played with Midi Sync In with a couple of programs, there are a couple of minor issues/questions that I will leave for another day, but overall goal achieved! It works pretty good. Stop / Start, initial tempo grab,  stays in sync through playing.

I still think a VST would be a better solution and perhaps will bring new customers, but as is, it is a solid workaround!!! (and a big step in the right direction)

The only thing that I want to mention which I think is very important, is to be able to have option of setting Audio Out to NONE if working with VA as a midi module only.  Because even if set with something "unrelated" to main audio soundcard, it will still use internal resources.  Dan, what do you think about that, am I right?

Thank you.

Dan

This is a great news !

The 'NONE' is the DirectSound output
Don't forget to put it back to ASIO or WASAPI when you really want to use it again

stewbow

Dan
That's great, something I've looked forward to for ages.

Can I have a download please? Is there a charge?

thanks

Stuart

Dan

Yes, you can get the update + one year of updates for 50€ here : https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,4006.0.html

rikkisbears

Hi Dan,
for those of us who have subscribed, do you send the updates out automatically, or do we need to get in touch with you.
Best wishes
Rikki

Dan

When it will be ready, I plan to send the next update automatically to all the users who have subscribed or are in their first year of purchase
I can still send manually some intermediate update like MIDI CLOCK SYNC IN if someone need this

drepalla

I now have tested the Sync-in feature,  both from an internal VST host, Eareckon BloxPander, and from external source, where I used my Roland RA800 for the test.
It was most interesting with the RA800, I loaded the same Roland style in both Varranger and RA800. Both arrangers can be triggered by the RA800 start/stop button and stayed perfectly in sync, so I could use a fader forth and back for style auditioning purposes, pretty cool!
It is of course wise to use a dedicated midi port/cable (not only dedicated MIDI channel), midi data is serial so jitter always increases with more data being transmitted over the cable.

Conclusion:
+Midi sync in is working well.
+The Varranger2 is extremely good at playing the Roland styles!

best regards, Gunnar K

Dan

This is a great news ! Thank you