News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Bug report on new version of VA

Started by bluebeat, November 22, 2018, 01:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

Dan, here are two instances where program gets stuck for me in very similar manner:

Scenario A) I use external soundcard, then close VA. Disconnect external card... to use Wasapi. VA "remembered" external card. When trying to switch to Wasapi, gives "ASIO error"

Scenario B) When switching instruments in Kontakt, sometimes Kontakt would ask something like: "changes will delete previous progress" and gets hanged...

The problem is, in both cases, you can not recall task manager to kill process, because VA is overlaying task manager screen. You can not get to task manager. Only solution for me was restart computer. It happened at least a dozen times already, so I decided to post this.

Dan

A) Do you have something in the AUDIO INPUT list, maybe ASIO is there?

B) Start the Task Manager, menu Options / Always on top.  I always do that :)
When you press the windows key, do you see a message from Kontakt in the background, in the taskbar? Sometimes, you can close it from there

bluebeat

Hi Dan, thanks for task manager "on top" tip. Will do that.
With asio tricky. I tried all of the things on the list WASAPI, ASIO4ALL,DIRECT SOUND...... Spits same mistake about Asio error..
Again, this is after the session if I used external S.Card, close VA, disconnect external card----->restart VA.
I understand that this might be specific to setup, so as long as I can get to task manager, should be ok.

Dan

A) You did not tell me if you have something in the AUDIO IN list selected

B) You did not tell me if you have a message from kontakt behind the vArranger window

bluebeat

No Audio IN.
More of a problem that VA remembers last setup (Audio card) and does not want to change to anything else on the list.
But even this is "peanuts"- an annoyance....  compared to wrong tempo maps of outputted WAV files. That is a very serious problem. Dan, can you please answer that thread.
Thank you.