Previous topic - Next topic

patrizio1000

Hi.

I have a demo version v1.16.
I use a laptop with windows 8.1
I have a Roland midi um-one controller
I have a technic kn800 midi keyboard.

After selecting midi ports um-one in outputs,
I get the sounds playing but the latency is very bad.
is there a way in version 1.16 to adjust the latency or is there a way to select the asio driver
in version 1.16

can I get a copy of the demo 1.18

thanks
Pat

giupa

Pat does not exist a demo version 1.16 or even 1.18. What you're using is probably a crack version.

v.muller

The old version did not contain vArranger Software Synthesizer,
so you can use only midi devices.
Most of the midi devices have very bad latency.
Solution could be for example:
loopMIDI + SAVIHost + MidRadioPlayer VSTi  + ASIO4ALL

But I recomend you to buy the full version.
It is not very cheap, but you will get lifetime upgrades for free.

patrizio1000

Well before I buy I want to test it.
I bought a lot of software and hardware in the past that sound it like crap
and lost a lot of time and money.

There has to be a demo or a beta version that I can try.

How much is the latest version? What version is it? what are the specs?

Thanks

patrizio1000

Solution could be for example:
loopMIDI + SAVIHost + MidRadioPlayer VSTi  + ASIO4ALL

you said to use this setup.

how do I connect all this to see if I can eliminate the latency.

zionip

I have not heard of any demo versions.  The software needs a registered USB flash drive for licensing.  I had to buy the full version to experience it and I have not seen any so called latency.

I use vArranger with free sound fonts, and external sound module like Ketron SD1000, button control through Akai APC40 mk2 / APC Key25 MIDI controllers (via USB), very old Yamaha S80 (via MIDI) and Casio Privia PX560 88-key stage piano (via USB), and have not encountered any latency issue.

I am using vArranger 1.18, which includes its own software synthesizer and there is no need to run any external software to make the sound fonts work.  Setup is very simple and straight forward.

Thanks,
Paul

patrizio1000

So how much is the latest version of varranger?

Dan

349€   like the first version :)

patrizio1000

What do I get?
complete assistance on how to use and connect the software?
How to use it with vsti. kontakt, or any sound font?
complete help with any problem?
free styles database?

Dan

Yes, I help you to setup.

You also get full access to the forum download area

VST and SF2 is explained here :
https://www.varranger.com/wiki/index.php?title=VSTi
https://www.varranger.com/wiki/index.php/SF2

I am not an expert of Kontakt, and don't know all the VSTi of the world, but we try to help here.
We can help more with the SF2 as they are played by the vArranger synthesizer

patrizio1000

Another question .
is there a way to record the intro ending and fill ins so they would automatically play during my sequence without pressing the buttons.
And is there a way to record sound change during the performance without me pressing the new sound on the screen?

can it be done with midi events and still be able to have control of the chords and all other settings?

v.muller

You can use function "Song Chords".
Here you can prepare whole accompaniment,
all the chords with the style section changes.
(Intro, Fill-Ins, Main variation changes, Ending)

Dan

yes. also, you can assign 4 different sounds to the 4 variations, or change the sounds yourself from the MY SOUNDS bar. Very easy.... 10 or 20 favorite sounds per songs

patrizio1000

ok but I don't want to enter the chords in the song chords.
I just want to enter the variation and the fill ins in the measures where they supposed to be without me
pushing a button. I see in the manual that in song chords you need to enter the chords.

I don't know if you get what I mean.

zionip

There is no such functionality within vArranger that you are asking for.  You have to input the chords in the "song chords" mode, together with the arranger progress changes.

I have not seen any hardware arranger keyboards that can do what you are asking - variation and fills in the measures where they are supposed to be without the player pushing a button.  The closest thing to what you are asking for is to use a bank of 8 to 10 registrations on a hardware arranger keyboard such as Yamaha Genos, with each registration memorizing the corresponding styles, intros, variations, fills, breaks, endings, R1, R2, R3, Left voices etc, but you still have to push the corresponding registration buttons at the appropriate times.

If you are asking for this feature so that you can use both of your hands full time on the keyboard without having to push buttons, you can purchase and configure a multi-button footswitch such as Yamaha MFC10, Behringer FCB1010, or Roland FC300 MIDI footswitch to control intros, variations, fills, breaks, endings etc.  vArranger software has a very nice MIDI controller button configuration menu that makes footswitch button configuration very easy.  Then you can just use your foot/feet to press on the footswitch buttons to trigger the corresponding arranger functions while your hands are busy playing the keys.

Thanks,
Paul

Dan

You CAN enter only the variations , fill ins, intro , ending in the SONG CHORDS grid without entering any chords on it !
Then it will work as you want

giupa

Is it also possible to change the programs of the style tracks in the different patterns (example: track bass - variation A= finger bass / variation B = pick bass)?

Dan

It depends on the style.
If the style has different sounds for each variation, then you can change for each variation

giupa

Quote from: Dan on August 22, 2018, 06:27:25 PM
It depends on the style.
If the style has different sounds for each variation, then you can change for each variation

if I understand correctly, there must already be a change program message in the variation.
It's right?

Dan

patrizio1000

Another way I see is to play midi files and play left and right hand with the midifile.
is this commonly done live to play midi files and play the melody with right hand and chord with left hand by muting
those tracks.
Or is it better to use the styles and have more control of the keyboard in live performance.

What do you guys use? how does the public responds to listen to midifiles?

Dan

Midifiles or MP3 backing is different from styles
I think it depends on if you always play the song the same way, or if you like or need to interact more with the crowd
When you play with Midifiles, it may seems to the public, that you are not really playing :) While styles playing is a bit more like you are a real musician...
But you know, sometimes, you can become a DJ and play some MP3, and the crowd is very happy too
With vArranger you can create a playlist with few songs in style, some in midifiles, some in mp3 etc....