Main Menu

VARRANGER2 Korg nanoKONTROL2 SKIN

Started by akyelken, December 27, 2015, 01:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lylo

Dan

PierreD

akyelken san, どうもありがとうございます!
Thanks a lot! It works fine even with a simple paper print.

tthoms

Hello,
It looks very well, and is very practice. Unfortunately the layout is bigger than A4 and one have to enlarge the jpg and divide it on two A4 pages or print it on A3.  How we can I make the jpg 1:1 printable in the right scale (enlarge factor)?   
Thank you very much.
Thom

PierreD

Hi,

printing the right size is a challenge! I used Windows fotoviewer, A3 paper, foto size 20x25 cm and scaled up to 126%. It was a bit too small, so I had to cut the print in 3 parts to fit it to the Nanokontrol. Maybe Akyelken will come back with some good advice...
Cheers.
Pierre

tthoms

Hello Pierre,
I have made now my own layout for the nanokontrol2 with the tool Microsoft-Visio. It is not so good designed as this from akyelken, but one can improve the layout. One can change the texts with the tool and then print out in A3 or in two A4 sheets. If you wish I can send you the visio data file, so you can make your own layout. 
Thom

Dan

PierreD

Hi Thom,

Very nice design also!
Many thanks for your generous offer  :) but I don't have MS Visio and it seems to be an expensive bit of software  :o ....
Pierre

lakere

Magdalena78

hello -my new Korg nanokontrol2 with vArranger skin.regards

the total cost of materials 2 euro

https://zapodaj.net/178e274fc13ae.jpg.html

v.muller

It looks very nice. I just miss buttons for intros and endings. (3 + 3)

zionip

Very nice layout!

Dan and all, I wonder what are the corresponding MIDI system exclusive message values of vArranger to these buttons and sliders?  I could not find these specifications in the vArranger's owner's manual or this forum.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Dan

You don't need to send specific sysex messages to vArranger
You go on OPTIONS / CONTROLLER, select a function to control, and press your button. It's done !

Here I explain how to set the NanoKontrol to have the LED feedback too !
https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php?topic=903.0

zionip

Hi Dan,

Now I see that you have a GUI through Options / Controller of vArranger to detect and accept the MIDI signals triggered by pressing the buttons of the external MIDI controllers as the recognized pre-configured buttons.

I found that the configuration for Korg nanoKontrol2 through USB is more robust, whereas the configuration for Yamah MFC10 through MIDI in sometimes causes errors, but if I press "Continue" the Options / Controller still continue to function.  When I got stuck, I had to reboot the Windows laptop to clear up and resume with Options / Controller.

Somehow, I do not know for sure which vArranger controller functions corresponding to the following buttons in akyelken's skin:

Knobs:

Drum
Perc.
Bass
Acc1
Acc2
Acc3
Acc4
Acc5

Faders / Sliders:

Right1
Right2
fX1
fX2

Buttons:

Style back
Style next
< Page style
Page style >
< Page sound
Page sound >
SELECT my sound
SELECT  RIGHT Play Track
2nd Voice
Panic
Plugin VST

Thanks,
Paul

ThanhLoan

Hi akyelken,
I love your wonderful nanokontrol2 skin. Thank you for sharing your excellent work.
May I ask if your can provide the following :
1. A map showing which button of the nanokontrol2 is assigned to which [Control xx] in the INI file?
2. Controller function you use for the following buttons :
< Style back
Style next >
< Page style
Page style >
< my sound
my sound >
< page sound
page sound >
< Track back
Track next >
Select my sound
Select RIGHT Play track

3. Which software do you use to create this skin ? May I ask if you can show me a way to modify it to create my own version ?

Thank you so  much in advance for your help.

Regards

Thanh