News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Help Structuring Folders

Started by Bernie9, May 04, 2010, 07:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I see the songs that are in "My Songs",Data Arranger/styles Rom/ My Songs.  I had made a folder called Latin, in the same folder that doesn't show.  I wanted to try a midi Karaoke file, but can't remember how to get a Midi Folder to show.

I quess I don't get how the file structure works so it will show on the interface.

Bernie9

I have the Midi folder in place. Now I have a new problem.  If I use a Tune 1000 Midi Karaoke file and it works except I want to mute the melody to sing over.  Normally, I would use MidiNotate or MidiIlustrator to open it and have the program make a sing a long, or lead sheet and mute the melody.

Two problems.  One is how can I mute the melody track without opening it in one of my two programs, because if I do, it doesn't sound right in Arranger.  That leads me to the next problem which is, I have about two thousand Karaoke files in one of the two formats.  I am not blaming vArranger, as it is probably the programs are not exporting  the files to Midi correctly.

If I do want some Midi's in vArranger, how do I mute the melody.  It is a shame as really like the way you set it up with text or scrolling Karaoke.

Dan

1) You have to put all your folders in this folder :
/vArangerData/Styles/StylesROM1/

2) On each vArrangers tracks you have a M and a S button.

M is MUTE and S is SOLO

So just mute your melody track.

3) If you have any file who is not sounding good, just send it to me, and I will see if it is a bad file, or a Ketron bug, or  have to correct something into vArranger.

Dan

Bernie9

No problem muting melody track, but it won't save that way.  Is it supposed to ?  I mute the track, save song, exit program, and reboot

Dan

For now we canno't save midifiles.

But I am open to ay suggestions.

So you want to save the mute state of the midifile tracks

I note it :)

Bernie9

yes, all my programs save mute and key change.  I could very easily change these before I load them if I had a non proprietory program that would not interfere with vArranger.  Also, the melody is not always on track 4 and I couldn't be sure before it started playing.

Dan

Can you send me one of your midifile that interfere with vArranger?

Also can u Mute a track, and transpose on another program and send me the saved midifile?

Because the midifile format don't have a field for that info. We need to write them in a proprietary format.

Dan

Bernie9

Thanks Dan

I can't expect your program to be all things to all people, but you seem to want it to, which would be great.  It might be a tall order though.

On the other hand, since you are including Midifiles, we have to look at what musicians do with them.
1. Break music
2. Play over
3. Sing over

Except break music, mute and key change is necessary.  I will send the converted files and the original, but you won't be able to open it without a link(I will provide), which is a free program to play only.

Lionel

In response to Bernie, yes as players using vArranger we need to ask ourselves what do we do with this as we play and what do we need to do rather than what can we add to vArranger but may never use it.

Lionel