News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger locking and blocking SD1000 Windows 10 Driver

Started by baze, January 02, 2020, 01:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baze

Hi guys,

I have the newest version of vArranger running on Dell XPS 13 i7 16Gb RAM, 500 Gb SSD Windows 10 and use KetronSD 1000 as a sound module as well as all the Sound Fonts libraries including Genos SoundFont.
Everything was fine until today when the SD1000 driver stoped working with vArranger. The program would start but no sound is coming from the Ketron SD1000. If you go to the midi settings trying to check the midi in and outs everything open fine but then the vArranger would say loading and hang on it forever. Then I need to Alt Cnt Delete restart it which then takes up to 10 min to restart. Normal restart takes only 30 seconds on this machine. It did this many times before I reinstalled the Ketron64 bit drivers and reinstalled th 1.4 firmware. Mind you if you use the SD1000 driver with any other software it works fine (VanBasco, Ableton live, Showplay,Sonar). But as soon as you try to start vArrange it blocks the whole computer again.
I mangaged to use a Virtual midi driver as midi out and then put the SD 1000 as a midi out in a Virtual Midi Software and it works that way.
Also vArranger works fine with Virtualsynth as midi out.
But as soon as you try to use it with SD1000 it locks the whole computer.
I have no idea what would have caused such behaviour.
I haven,t change anything on the computer nor have I installed any new software.
It played New Year's Eve with no problem.
It started today the first time I switched on the computer.

Any ideas are welcome.

Baze

Dan

Hello, do you power it from USB?
Can you be sure that your laptop in actually powered with the adapter and not from battery?
Can you set your windows battery options in PERFORMANCE MODE?

baze

Yes it is run from power adapter and in full performance mode.

Dan

baze

Dan

haweneu

Hi
i use Ketron SD1000 over some years and now on an WIN64Bit System without Problems!
I never used a special driver for it for USB because it is MIDI class compliant on Windows!

What 64 Bit Driver for SD1000 do you use?

The SD 1000 had in the past problems with Power over USB! There was a problem with the power connector, if power come from USB!

Try SD1000 with its own power supply!

best regards
Werner

baze

Dan here is the screen shot.

Werner,

I have been using it for five years with no problem whatsoever until today.
I always used it powered through the USB port.
Today I tried with Power supply even to no avail.

Dan

Can you try it on another USB port?
If not working, can you completely disconnect the USB and try the SD1000 with a midi cable, and not usb cable? for example with the HX STOMP MIDI OUT

baze

Dan,
It works through midi.
It works in any other software through USB.
But when you assign it in a midi out port in vArranger it seems to lock and block the driver in a way that neither vArranger or any other software can use it after that and I have to restart the computer.

baze

Good night for now.

It is 2:45 in Ozz.
I have to work tomorrow.

We will continue tomorrow.

Dan

Can you try it on another USB port and another computer?

Are you sure the virtual midi driver does not filter the SYSEX and NRPN?

baze

Hi,
Today is a new day.
I solved the problem.
Believe it or not it was faulty Power Supply.
Some how it was playing with the Windows SD1000 driver

After trying the SD1000 with my Older Dell 13 XPS where everything worked fine I changed the power supply om the New One  and it started working back to normal.

Dell XP13 has a USB C power supply and apparently  the faulty one wasn't giving enough power to the USB ports
You learn something every day

Anyway thanks Dan for your help and Werner for the input

Happy New Year and ongoing improvement of vArranger

Cheers

Baze

Dan

vArranger ask full power supply from the SD1000 not like other software :)
You should notice the SD1000 sounds more powerful with more volume in vArranger