News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Who uses hardware arrangers besides vArranger?

Started by musicmaker84, May 02, 2018, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicmaker84

I remember I bought vArranger in lieu of a hardware arranger. Still ended up with a Wersi Pegasus Wing last year and even eyeing a Korg PA 600.

Then again, whenever I am trying to make up my mind should I purchase or not, I remind myself how versatile vArranger is and how redundant a hardware arranger would be.

Who still sometimes just uses a hardware arranger and what are your reasons?

By the way, the Wing is a bit a different case since I am planning on attaching a pedalboard to transform it into an organ. While this could be achieved using vArranger, I find the software works best just with one manual like a hardware arranger.

sweetbb

I am using vArranger on a 3 manual organ, with pedalboard attached. I find that one manual is really only to play chord on, another manual is for the "right" section, and has 5 voices.  The 3'rd manual plays the 'left' part, and has 3 voices.  This is more than enough for me to play with.

v.muller

lakere

Though I am not much of an "arranger" player, I do have some arranger keyboards and a Desktop by V3 Sound.  I bought the Desktop for its unique, good sounds.    My arranger keyboards can't easily air travel with me, but vArranger can.   You can't really beat versatility, portability, and the abilities of vArranger to handle various style formats.    Actually I bought vArranger as a patch manager, but it does a lot more than it.   It's good to know that I've got the most versatile arranger sitting in my hybrid touch screen laptop.   

musicmaker84

Quote from: lakere on May 05, 2018, 05:03:28 AM
Though I am not much of an "arranger" player, I do have some arranger keyboards and a Desktop by V3 Sound.  I bought the Desktop for its unique, good sounds.    My arranger keyboards can't easily air travel with me, but vArranger can.   You can't really beat versatility, portability, and the abilities of vArranger to handle various style formats.    Actually I bought vArranger as a patch manager, but it does a lot more than it.   It's good to know that I've got the most versatile arranger sitting in my hybrid touch screen laptop.

Yep, vArranger is so versatile and portable. Again, I will continue using it on a daily basis as I do with the Wing. I just might get the Korg though for extra sounds and versatility (just carry it from the study to the dining table or set it up on the kitchen counter for immediate play. Don't have to connect laptop to midi controller, plug usb sticlk, start up Windows and the software.)