News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

SD1000 Effects

Started by tthoms, March 18, 2018, 09:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tthoms

Hi,
I've connected a ketron sd1000 to the va2 midi. It will work, but I dont't know how to use the effect parameters in the SD1000 EFFECT menu.  As I understand there is no possibility to store the parameters, so they could be seen next time I start the va2. Instead after start the SD1000 EFFECTS menu shows default values. So I hope that if make some changes in the effects menu they would be stored in the sd1000 permanently. Could someone confirm that?
I made some changes (see attachment) but for me they have not the effects as I expected. Could someone give here an example (snapshot of the SD1000 EFFECTS menu) of a good parametrisation of the sd1000 in stereo for an all purpose gig situation?
Thank you very much.
Thom

Woge1000

Hallo
SD1000 EFFECTS menu
where can you find the menu ??
Wolfgang

tthoms

if you define in the midi port menu the SD1000 as device then you will find it in the options/effects menu. I have made also a additional description in the online user manual. You can take this as a help.
Thom

Woge1000

Woge1000

I found it. I never used this menu.
Always read SD1000 effect problems. But I also read, Save as SD2 and open as SD1000.
wolfgang

haweneu

Hi,
if you make changes at SD1000 effects, this values are sent to SD1000. But if you power off the SD1000, this values are lost!

And load of a song does nothing update in the SD1000 effects! They remain at values from last changes!

Only Chorus and reverb values are saved and loaded with sound on a track! So if you load a song, reverb and chorus in SD1000 are updated!

Dan must urgent implement the ,,save" and ,,load" of all effects with song or sound!

Best regards
Werner

slaveofword

+1 
almost agre with haweneu

tthoms

Hi,
Quote from: haweneu on March 18, 2018, 05:50:19 PM
Only Chorus and reverb values are saved and loaded with sound on a track! So if you load a song, reverb and chorus in SD1000 are updated!
The SD1000 has seven presets for chorus and reverb. You mean that one can set the type of chorus and type of reverb in the SD1000 EFFECTS menu? But only for all tracks didn't they? And the amount of reverb and chorus can be chosen with the buttons in each track, didn't they?

As you can see it is not clear for me where to set which effects.  It would be helpful to have a tutorial which explain the use of the SD1000 EFFECTS window. I have startet in the wiki manual with a short description, but I don't know the details as you as power user. Thank you very much.
Thom

haweneu

Hi,
my test result is:

You can only change the level of chorus and reverb with the rotating knobs at top of each track, not the type!

Best regards
Werner

slaveofword

hello.
As Haweneu said-

"Dan must urgent implement the ,,save" and ,,load" of all effects with song or sound!"

Must say- these menu is good, but not work correctl yet.....

I hope -Dan can do it for all sd1000 users

regards

tthoms

Hi,
Quote from: haweneu on March 20, 2018, 12:15:36 PM

You can only change the level of chorus and reverb with the rotating knobs at top of each track, not the type!

Thank you Werner for your Test.
That confirms my experience. I made some measures  with the tool midi ox and saw that for example for the Reverb listbox in the SD1000 EFFECTS menu there is sent a 11 byte sysex command F0410042124001310200F7 and for the chorus listbox is sent a 7 byte sysex F0267B010011F7. Only the second sysex command is documented in the SD1000 manual. The other sysex command is not documented. But it seems that both commands will not affect the types of reverb or chorus. It means that I can not hear a difference. Has someone used different types for reverb and chorus into the vA2 SD1000 EFFECTS menu? For me it seems that it is not working. Has someone any idea how to use the SD1000 effects?
Thanks
Thom