News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Saving of Left & Right Instruments

Started by Lionel, May 04, 2010, 09:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionel

Hi Dan,
Unless I have missed something somewhere there is no saving of Instruments for Left 1,2 & 3 and for Right 1,2 & 3.
I know some intruments are layered but if you add your own to a song you can't save for Left1,2,3 and Right 1,2,3.

Lionel

Dan

Yes we canno't do it for now.

I am working on it.

So you started to create nice sounds? :)

Dan

Bernie9

I know we all see the great potential, and saving complete registration is important. However, knowing this is long tedious work, it will be worth the wait.  You have made great progress Dan.

Lionel

Hi Dan,
Yes I have started using other instruments with my lead and lowering the volume to suit. It really brings some body into the song. My wife generally plays organ - string instruments and because we play with different dynamics etc, she plays some string chords. Allows me to improvise a little with the melody.

In good time it will be great to save my choices with volume settings for each song. We all need to be patient and allow timely advancements to vArranger and not have you overworked and stressed ???

Regards
Lionel

Dan

Thank you for saving my health :)
It's true that since I started vArranger, I don't sleep anymore :)

I would love to add the save sound feature. And maybe a way for every user who can share its own sounds to his friend :)

Because while tweaking sounds, I ve got amazing sounds from the SD2...

For now, Lionel, you can save with the song the LEFT and RIGHT volumes and Instruments.

But not what inside your left and right tracks.

Will do it ...

Dan

Lionel

Thanks Dan.
There is nothing worst than to lay in bed at night trying to go to sleep but your mind wonders over things in your mind, but you want a good nights sleep so you can feel fresh to work and think properly. We as a vArranger community need to remember you are a solo program designer here and doing one hell of a good job, and should not pressure you into getting things done in a hurry.

I rather a program with fewer features that work properly than one loaded with features, has bugs and you don't know where the hell what you are looking for. Particularly using as a live playing tool.

It is great you are listening to our needs. :'(

Lionel

Bernie9

I totally agree.  In software, there are two categories of problems.  One is premature release of features that load up an app and have known limited functionality, and the other is normal bugs.

The first can be avoided by making sure the feature is released only after careful consideration of the necessity by users and that all elements are working as far as the designer knows.

Bugs, unfortunately, will always be present in any new software.  There are so many different paramiters and combinations that only field testing will bring to light.

This is why Dan, wisely asks for feedback, not only with desired features, but input of any problems that arise.  I admire Dan for trying to create a major program without a team of programers and a huge group of beta testers.

I know we are ready to stand behind Dan and help in what little way we can.

Dan

Thank you for your encouragings words.

Thinking about many musicians over the world are playing live or enjoying music at home with vArranger provides me a strong motivation to give the best :)

Yes we are not a big team, but we are all passionated musicians who loves playing music.

Some of us are GEEKS, computer crazies,

and

Some of us don't know how to use a computer,

I take suggestions from everyone.

I like to create a powerful instrument inside, while showing to the people only what they need  in a live situation.

So you don't need to have special knowledges in computers before playing with vArranger, or to search into 50 screens and menues how to do something. I like intuitive softwares, that you can understand by yourself just looking at it.

I like to do it plug and play :)

About bugs, yes they exists.
When I see a compagny like Yamaha, and look at their technical tables, I can see that they are probably tons of engeeners working like crazy before putting one keyboard to the production.

Even thoses, they are releasing very often softwares updates with bug corrections...

In the past the instruments were not upgradable so, there was more pressure to get 0% bug free

I personnaly don't pretend to 0%, but I try to be reactive. So if you find a bug, I will correct it the same day :)

Let's continue the vArranger adventure together

Dan