News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Amazing Kontakt drums free for vArranger

Started by bluebeat, February 16, 2018, 09:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

Hi folks,
A nice person recommended these drums. They are for Kontakt 5 (Full and free player)
They are high end Sennheiser / Neumann Drum instrument called Drummica. Not a patch. Full scale instrument with many parameters / effects / presets available for every drum.
To my ear these drums are great and are mapped correctly to play most styles in vArranger. The best part it is FREE!!!

http://sennheiser.us/drummica.html

Site is in German, which should not be a problem to some users here, otherwise google translator is your friend. You have to register to receive NI activation code.
Download is big, 4.7GB and download already comes with Kontakt 5 free player in one package.

Their download server is slow, so be patient. Worth the wait :)

Let me know you thoughts.

Lylo

Yes that's a really good drums and perhaps the best in free, not very popular curiously yet work freely in Kontakt free.

You can see the anothers famous free vsti I have selected in this thread  https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,2474.0.html

vladaelo

Bluebeat: what settings you need to play that drums with most styles: GM, GS or XG?

bluebeat

vladaelo, I use GM for the most part. Actually in the drums I mentioned here, there are several other mappings too.
I do not discriminate on the mapping. Meaning if I try a mapping which style was "not meant for" but I like how it sounds better than preset, I would keep the one that I like.
Sometimes I would mix the drums from SF2 banks + VST for strange dynamics :)

While I am on this topic, Cakewalk as some might already know it, closed its doors... However it is very powerful and was only recently updated. You can get Cakewalk home, officially for free without any limitations. When you register it, you will have option to get free Studio Drums VST and Studio Strings instruments. Which are useful and clean. For the price tag (FREE) I think it is a good deal.
Drums mapped right for vArranger!

In any case, I just looked and it is still available.
Follow the link. P.S. You have to register on cakewalk.com first for free account.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Sonar-Home-studio-Giveaway-m3718858.aspx

Have fun!

Woge1000

Das ist leider alles abgespeckt und im Demo Modus.Nichts kann man speichern

bluebeat

Welches Programm beziehst du? Cakewalk oder Sennheiser drum?

hernandez

bonjour...
je recherche mode d'emploi ou notice,   du logiciel Cakewalk 9 en francais
merci

Woge1000

Habe oben den Link gefolgt
Angemeldet und runterladen können.Dann instaliert
Solar Home Studio meine ich.Kontakt5 und Drums geht.
Wolfgang

slaveofword

vladaelo

Bluebeat: Maybe it is of good quality, but requires lot of experimenting with styles...

eallan

Bluebeat , thanks for posting.
Kontakt drums successfully downloaded after going
through registration process.

bluebeat

vladaelo, we are talking about 2 different animals here :)
You just have to set the Sennheiser drums to channel 10  in Kontakt and they will play the style drums but it also has many tweaks for drums which are very nice.

vladaelo

Hi guys.
KONTAKT knows only for program change, not for bank change...
So, you have to create MULTI that consists of two same banks (one bank for ch10 and second bank for ch09).
One bank you made by arranging drums patchs manually and you have MULTI that can play almost all styles right way. There are few styles that need editing, but it is nothing compared with total benefit of doing this.

Lylo

http://paulcecchettimusic.com/how-to-use-instrument-banks-in-kontakt/

And is possible to change program change with bank select with a workaround but it's a little bit difficult.

vladaelo

Not exactly...I have done this and it works amazing.
I can describe all the steps if required....

bluebeat

vladaelo, If I understand correctly, you made a custom bank for this library with all the patches that follow GM/XG rules. Correct? Do you think you can share that preset bank (not the library ;) Would be very interesting to try.

vladaelo

Yes, but it is forbiden to talk about it here...best regards!

Dan

Yes. Better to not talk here about files found on pirate website
Also vladaelo, you talk about vArranger XG modes etc... but you are not registered as an official vArranger user on the forum...

bluebeat

Lylo, interesting post, but does look complicated.   I guess there is no magic bullet, but maybe it is good thing. I find that most interesting things happen when you experiment.
Those Sennheiser drums were a treasure find for me :) Simple to use, yet very life like.  Before I posted I tried search word drummica, but it did not find on the forum. Should learn French :)

bluebeat

Hi Dan. I believe preset bank are user created, not downloaded...  I tried making a bank in Kontakt once but after couple of hours got lost in the settings and just gave up.
Would be nice if there is a template that would work with vArranger.

Lylo

You must create your instruments bank up to 128 sounds, put the bank in omni mode if you want share between multi channel, or only channel 10 for drums, perhaps Drummica with different setting for style rock, pop, jazz... and after you save state in vArranger with full save in startup.
So you have an expander, in omni mode for many instruments for RH and LH or in channel 10 for drums, you can also use instruments bank in channel 5 only for bass.
For mix omni and individual channel I think is better to use two instance of Kontakt.

bluebeat

Lylo, thank you. You always try to help. Earning good karma :)
I assembled the bank as you described, but it came out huge, over 5gb and crashed Kontakt :(

But then, I realized that it is dejavu again. There will never be a perfect bank, at least for me. There are balanced banks to try styles, but to get them shiny, always need to adjust something and replace instruments with VST and such. Most of the songs I work on do not have same presets. So my workflow was optimal from the start.
1) Hear style with balanced SF2 bank, "on the fly"
2) Tweak / replace sound/  add VST / effects.
3) save*

So that brings me to the question raised by a felow user BjayG today and myself couple of times. His question was about performance saves and I believe it can be done in one shot together with my request of VST / parameters state saves to the songs.  I believe it can be done as one. I described logic in that post. If Dan implements this as he said, it would be great, because it is better than having just multi bank or such. It can save whole custom scenario, a complete snapshot of vArranger at the moment in time and then recall it either by choosing a song or creating performance state, which will have nearly identical process.

Dan, please make this feature. It will benefit many of your customers, not just few, including me  who hang out on a forum here :)

slaveofword

Lylo

Yes bluecat, you are right but as said before, what's appends in play real time ?
For example, you use Drummica (I tried a new time yesterday, is a very famous drums, the best in free I think) in a song, in the next song you choose an another drums, for example MyDrumSet, so this vsti replace Kontakt, Kontakt unload Drummica, and after the newest song use the 1,17Go of this famous drums, the samples are reload... how many time between each song ? And how many crash for 16 channel with this vsti ballet ?

slaveofword

Quote from: Lylo on February 20, 2018, 07:42:12 PM
You must create your instruments bank up to 128 sounds, put the bank in omni mode if you want share between multi channel, or only channel 10 for drums, perhaps Drummica with different setting for style rock, pop, jazz... and after you save state in vArranger with full save in startup.
So you have an expander, in omni mode for many instruments for RH and LH or in channel 10 for drums, you can also use instruments bank in channel 5 only for bass.
For mix omni and individual channel I think is better to use two instance of Kontakt.

Lylo, hello!

If I understand correctly, then, let's say:
1. use midiout 1 on Ketron SD1000 for all accompaniment tools
2. use the midiout 2 for vst-tools (for example, for 10 track for the drums, 5 track for the bass ...)
3. use midiout 3 - at your discretion

Just need to use an external mixer or sound card to mix it all

Lylo

Yes, for me it's the best way. You can also use vAsynth for midi out 1, Midi out 2 for vsti and SD1000 on midi out 3 (or switch midi out between vAsynth or SD1000).

Actualy for multitimbral vsti as Kontakt you can make some banks and save at full startup, thus you can use it as an expandeur as your SD1000.
In my last setting for music animation, I use Kontakt, Independence, Pianoteq, Lounge Lizard, Sampletank 2.5 (because it can use program change in gm mode) and vAsynth. For accompaniment I take the vAsynth for all part (with a rms compressor in fx3 for more presence because SF2 sound more thin than vsti) but sometime i use Kontakt for bass or Independence for bass upright, Sampletank for drums etc. All combinations is possible because all vsti react as expandeurs.
For left and rigth hands I use Pianoteq or Lounge Lizard as the other vsti they can change patchs with program changes, all vsti with program changes are eligible to vArranger.

bluebeat

Lylo, Kontakt crashed because I tried to load over 5gb of instruments in Kontakt + Drummica :)  I deleted the bank from being a default multi and everything works again.
I am sure that if I mage bank with 1-2gb with only essential instruments, it will work fine. But then again back to the topic :)
If saving option as described would be there, I do not need any "specific" banks except for soundfont bank to just audition the style and maybe use a couple of sounds from it.

Save/Performance save option, if it is going to be done, should have VST Effects save feature also. For example, I use effects called Isotope Nectar.   Which is multi effect and has EQ, compressor, reverb and many others. Would be very convenient to have its settings state saved to song/performance.

Dan PLEASE make this save feature! It is very useful. With one click, you can be right where you left off no matter of complexity of sound settings.

slaveofword

Quote from: Lylo on February 21, 2018, 12:53:47 PM
For accompaniment I take the vAsynth for all part (with a rms compressor in fx3 for more presence because SF2 sound more thin than vsti)

Lylo, hello!

Could you please help me with this - how to use FX2 and FX3?
Thanks

Lylo

Hello slaveofword,

- Clic on fx2 and fx3 à the right bottom of vArranger.
- Insert the vst you want to use.
- For fx2 put "chorus" on each track and turn the knob
- For fx3 open the "sound edit" on each track and turn the knob fx3.

That's all.  :)