News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

SD1000 effects

Started by slaveofword, February 16, 2018, 08:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slaveofword

Hello everybody!

I'm asking for help with using SD1000 effects when creating MIDI files and styles from them to Sonar Platinum.
I know how to include effects in the two hardware outputs of the SD1000 itself (SD1000 and MIDIOUT2SD1000),
i.e. put Sysex F0 41 00 42 12 40 4n 22 nn xx F7

But how to make the effects on one midi track, and on the other so that they do not sound? Suppose I include effects compressor and equalizer on the 10 midi track (drums), and on 11 track (bass) I do not want these effects to use, but I want to use only the phaser.

Please help me!
Many thanks!

Dan

You set a compressor and equalizer on DSP1
You set a phaser on DSP2
You activate the DSP1 for tracks 10
You activate the DSP2 for track 11

slaveofword

Thanks for reply, Dan!

Is it only one variation to use effects? 
But if I want to use more combinations of effects, I'll must do it like you wrote before???
So - if YES, there are a little combinations to use effects of the SD1000 unfortunatly...Or may be I'm not clearence understand it. please help me

Dan

You have 2 complete MONO combination of effects available in the SD1000 that you can use on few midi tracks
Or ONE stereo combination

The best to understand is to check how vArranger did it...

haweneu

Hi,
i want to know when the save and load effect settings for SD1000 will be implemented! I am now waiting more than 3 years for this feature, that Dan has promised!

If VA2 will be a Software Arranger and replacement of a real hardware arranger it must have this feature!

Please Dan give me and all SD1000 users a timeline info, when this important feature is number one in your ToDo list!

best regards
Werner

Igor Electronician

Hi Friends!
The most interesting, though not so many features provides DSP module SD1000, but their correct application and use in the style settings give a very impressive sound model. By the way, when using factory styles from MidJay series - sound is unmatched!
https://www.ketron.it/2013-09-05-15-48-28/351-midjay-series-styles-library/ms-styles-converted-for-midjay
Why is this possibility ignored Dan is not quite clear. Yes and its a game in "silence" I do not quite understand...

slaveofword

+1 agree with Haweneu
+1  with Igor

Dan, hello.
we [the owners of the sd1000] are still waiting this save/load settings for effects

Best wishes,
Andrew

slaveofword

Hello, Dan!
Could you tell us-when it will be possible and when this question will be solved???

haweneu

Hi Dan,
news about save and load SD1000 EFX Settings?

Best regards
Werner

slaveofword

Dan, hello!
Happy new year!!

What about saving and loading SD1000 EFX again???

slaveofword

Hi, Dan!
Why do you ignore this kind of question about saving and loading Ketron SD1000 EFX ?
Could you be so kind answer us - will it be done or not?

Thanks
Andrew

Dan

I am in contact with Ketron about a bug in the SD1000 FX. I have contacted them again yesterday after your post

haweneu

Hi Dan,
The only Problem with SD1000 effects DSP ist that DSP1 and DSP 2 have a difference in output volume. It is approx 30%.

I think you can finish the SD1000 effects with this minor problem.

Most people doesn't hear this difference and everyone can correct this with the gain controls (also saved and restored with your new function).

I see no problem!

Best regards
Werner

slaveofword

Quote from: Dan on January 04, 2022, 04:45:02 PM
I am in contact with Ketron about a bug in the SD1000 FX. I have contacted them again yesterday after your post
Hello, Dan!
It's very nice to read about it.
I hope it'll done soon from your side  8)
Thanks!
BR,
Andrew

Dan

All my model is based on the double interchangeable DSPs, but I discovered they have a problem of volume, so my model is no more good with this bug of SD1000, and if you start to save some DSP, then I will not be able to change things after that, for compatibility reasons.
That's why I prefer first to see if Ketron can do something or not

haweneu

Hi Dan,
Your first idea was good! But for my practical use I don't need 2 coupled DSP!
Every DSP works without the other, no Stereo DSP!

I implemented this in my DIY MIDI Accordion with V3 Accordionmaster.
So i can use DSP 1 for example for Right Hand Diskant Sound 1 and DSP2 for Chord 1 in left hand.

Why can you not save and load each DSP separate?

Best regards
Werner

Dan

Even if you don't need coupled DSP, in vArranger, my model is for example :
You save an organ sound with DSP1 or DSP2
You save a guitar sound with DSP1 or DSP2
Then you can use together then organ sound for left hand, and guitar sound for right hand, or the opposite. vArranger will automatically select the free DSP available
This difference of level between the DSP completely kill this great model

haweneu

Hi Dan,
Your problem is the  automatic selection of free DSP.
Why do you this?

Base for my version is that a Song is the base for decision of Sounds and DSP effects!

I make a new song with the following sounds:

If i want to make a new sound ,,Organ and Rotary" for Right 1 then I select an organ and DSP 1 with Rotary effect and save this new sound under the name ,,Organ with Rotary DSP1".

If I then want to make a new sound ,,Guitar with Delay" for Left 1 i use DSP2 for Delay and save this new sound under the name ,,Guitar with Delay DSP2".

If i then select this 2 Sounds in my new song I have no problem! But if I select 2 Sounds with the same DSP for a song VA2 can find this problem and show an error ,,double use DSP1" oder ,,double use DSP2"!

Best regards
Werner

Dan

This is exactly what I want to avoid. That each sound is tied to DSP1 or DSP2, and then you need to always be careful of what DSP is actually used, what DSP is free, what sound is going to each DSP, and save your sounds twice if you want to use them in different situations as DSP1 and DSP2, and that the user will get an error message when he select sound that use the same DSP

I like to offer the best to my users and simplify and hide at maximum the complex things.

Without this difference of volume between DSP1 and DSP2, I can manage everything for the user, and the user simply saves the sound, and vArranger manage the DSP

If Ketron can't correct, I will need to adapt to this problem, but that's so bad

haweneu

Hi Dan,
I understand! But I have no hope that Ketron does something!

Werner

Dan

Ketron just sent again the problem to their engineers to get it corrected

haweneu

Hi Dan,
Thanks for this Info.

Werner

haweneu

Hi Dan,
News from Ketron?
Werner

musicmaker84

I don't want to stir up the already messy update situation again, but I really urge Dan not to hold everyone hostage to what Ketron might do when they do see fit or not. If Ketron decide to solve the issue in all earnest, we still could be many months away until they solve it and Dan gets around to implement it.

I am still and again advocating for an update now without resolving the SD1000 effects situation, and once that gets sorted by Ketron (if ever) another update.

slaveofword

Hello, Dan!
Please update us about this matter.
Thank you!!!!

slaveofword

Hi, Dan!
Did recieve any news from Ketron?
BR,
Andrew

Dan

Asked for news again........

haweneu

Hi Dan,
Please finish the DSP with the minor Volume Error and release the new version!

I am sure that you get no response from Ketron!

I can life with the minor volume difference!

Best regards
Werner

The Wizz

It is now 1/31/2022, anyone noticed that the Ketron DSP issues have been lingering (unsolved) since March 2018 ?

Our pleads for Dan to release the "completed" new v Arranger version (if actually exists) are all in vain and have fallen on deaf ears.

Thus, any hope of a vArranger2 update is just wishfull thinking.

Just my honest opinion.

haweneu

Hello Dan,
News from Ketron?

Best regards
Werner

slaveofword

Hello,Dan!
How does it go with the news from Ketron?
Best wishes,
Andrew

BjayG

Give up guys!   Dan is not going to respond any quicker (if at all) - so there is no point in nagging him!!

Just acccept that vA is not going to develop in the way that you hope - and even if you do get an update then its unlikely it will ever do what you really wanted.  Anyway - when were you ever consulted on future requirements or needs?

Somehow I keep thinking of the famous line from the old Monty Python dead parrot sketch:   "The parrot is no more", "has ceased to be", "bereft of life,  "it rests in peace" - "this is an ex-parrot"

Barry

The Wizz

It seems that vArranger was abandoned a while now and left "orphaned" by it's developer.  What a pity.

Regards.

slaveofword

Hi, Dan!
Did you get any updates from Ketron?
Regards.

haweneu

Hi all,
I am also interested for a answer!
Best regards
Werner

slaveofword

Hi all!

I tired to wait any updates from Dan and sold my ketron sd1000.

All good for you,  guys!!

freakman

You ask too many friends,
play with your keyboards arranger, Yamaha, Ketron, Roland, Korg, etc. there you don't need updates.
My keys have never let me down.
I'm glad to have everything.
So I feel fine, my Ketron Audya cannot be replaced.
The sound is unique, I can create my drums myself and am not dependent on anyone and have to spend expensive money for it.
Everything is exaggerated.

Varranger can also be used to create Midi Styles and create good styles.
You don't need updates to do this.
If you use the Varranger with an internal MIDI interface, it works perfectly in all VST's and you can also save everything you need.
It works in a good VST host.