Main Menu

I'm only a Beginner...

Started by Selinita, February 10, 2018, 10:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selinita

INITIAL TRIALS

The story so far...

1. Installed PDF plug-in
2. Created simple (though quite boring!) arrangements and added chorded backing tracks...

REMARKS:
1. Drum mapping is not accurate - requested access to customisation
2. When using program on touch screen laptop and organ there's no start button on song sheet

SOLUTIONS
1.1 Map midi data via 3rd party as desired - though this may lead to timing issues
1.2 Export as MIDI, edit and play from 3rd party software (Sonar Pro???)
2.1 Add controller switch to initiate playback from organ (left/right foot sysex string???)

https://youtu.be/JEkhX3N3nzI

Dan

Hello Selina,

Still very nice video editing :)

Please tell me your drum mapping that you had to change. I already include many mapping inside vArranger, and would like to add your found
I don't understand your problem with the start button? It is possible to resize the score window to never go on to of the START/STOP button and save the SCORE positions. It seems that you already done it?

The OPTIONS / CONTROLLERS screen is here to assign switches to features. Just select the line START/STOP and try your pedal. (I hope you can disable you pedal to start your organ's arranger, and send always the same midi message)

Selinita

Thanks Dan,

I think you are right in that I was using vArranger Synth on my Desktop for the video - I will create a test midi to use on the laptop and organ with any necessary mapping notified to you.

Selina

Selinita

INITIAL TRIALS 2

The story so far...

3. Swopped vArranger softsynth for VSTi

REMARKS
1. Some have requested that VSTi settings are saved with song - but I am using Garritan ARIA Player and this allows all settings and sound allocations to be saved to disk. This can be saved to song folder.

https://youtu.be/kavey8CXjfY

Selinita

INITIAL TRIALS 3

3. Swopped vArranger softsynth for XG VSTi (Yamaha)
4. Started experimenting with Voice allocations and parameters

QUESTIONS
1. Is it possible to turn off tracks in Song Chords (ie Drums and Bass for 3 bars only then rest of backing) ?
2. Is it possible to have chord changes on 1/8 note beats (ie 8 to the bar A lot of latin has 1, 2.5, 4) ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEr_P-R45J0

Selinita

Dan,

Could I please have a reply to this...

QUESTIONS
1. Is it possible to turn off tracks in Song Chords (ie Drums and Bass for 3 bars only then rest of backing) ?
2. Is it possible to have chord changes on 1/8 note beats (ie 8 to the bar A lot of latin has 1, 2.5, 4) ?

and...

3. Is it possible to have drum fills start on beat 2 or 3 and not for the whole bar only ?

Thanks

Selinita

Dan has announced on the FRENCH forum that the next version will be able to import BIAB chord charts...

1. Does this mean that we will be able to push chords 1/8 note...? I would still prefer to be able to put them there myself and have a sequence of 8 chords in one bar.
2. Does this mean that drum fills will be whole bar, half bar or quarter bar...? I would also like three-quarter bar too.

I don't know if this post will be seen or answered - there's not much hope since my previous QUESTIONS remain unanswered...

Selinita

..Oh and I forgot...

Does this mean we will be able to turn off some parts like the bass, chords (x2), Pad, Phrases (x2) for particular bars as well?

Dan

No.... The song chords is still pretty basic.
Will see what can i do

eallan

That is really great news about importing Band in a Box Chords.
When will you be releasing this new feature , Dan?