News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Track 9 / 10 Drums

Started by freakman, January 23, 2018, 01:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freakman

Hi Dan,

Is it possible that you build a switch in Track 9 where you can manually switch to Track 10?
There are always problems, because there are many styles that have on track 9 pieces of equipment.
In the Sound Editor track 9 or 10 and then save with the style.
Would be a great thing.

Thank's
Freakman

Dan

Track 9 sent to Track 10 will not sound good.
What is your sound module?
Better for you to use a synth that can play 2 drum tracks, or buy our SoundBanks that play well the 2 drums tracks

DjTony1981

Dan, in fact modules compatible only with the GM format do not support multiple "Drums" type tracks . GS/XG formats via SysEx messages enable multiple "Drums" tracks. It would be advisable to make vA2 in "GM" mode join the events of tracks 9 and 10 in channel 10. I think that's what Freakman asks.

freakman

Hi,
that's right, thank you DjTony1981.
My external modules are not a problem, even in VST you can save it now.
But it happens again and again in the GM mode that a wrong instrument is set and it can not be changed either.

Thank's
Freakman

Dan

This will sound bad. As every track has it's own and different drum kit, volume, reverb, etc... program changes, volumes changes ....

Better to understand exactly what synth you are using and if this synth allow to play a drumkit on midi channel 9, and how to do it

haweneu

Hi Dan,
for example the V3 Sonority cannot play on Track 9 Drums!
I have allways problems with styles that have Track 9 with some percussion sounds!
The same style works perfect with Ketron SD1000!

Best regards
Werner

Lylo

It's because your SD1000 use on track 9 some loops trigged by midi.

So each loop are split and each part of split are linked to some midi notes.

If you put on track 9 a piano sound you hear c, d, e, f, g... c, d, e, f, g.... etc (for example) But for SD1000 it's c = bass drum, d = hi hat, e = bass drum, f = hi hat etc. from the loop and with the groove of the loop (generaly a real professionnal drummer)

haweneu

Hi,
from where do you have the information about builtin loops inside the SD1000?

I think Dan sends to SD1000 the Sysex:
F0H 26H 7BH 0FH 00H 0pH vv F7H
Part to rhythm allocation, p is part (0 to 15), vv is 00 (sound part) or 01 (rhythm part).
This SYSEX allows a part to play sound or drumset. There is no limitation of the number of parts playing

Because the V3 Sonority has for the same Function an other Sysex, it does not work!

Best regards
Werner

Lylo

Quote from: haweneu on January 25, 2018, 06:24:37 PM
Hi,
from where do you have the information about builtin loops inside the SD1000?

Ok, bye !  ;D