News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Save ALL option for all song related features.

Started by bluebeat, January 09, 2018, 01:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

It would be very nice to have an option to save ALL the settings related to song in one place.
Meaning, VST states and all other parameters.

Right now...you have to save states for each VST used and song separately. When opening a song, you have to locate VST "save states" of each individual VST and load them manually.
It is a bit confusing, since you have to REMEMBER which VST was used for particular project.

With "SAVE ALL" function (including VST states) in single place would help a lot.
Open song - all VST settings loaded with it.

P.S. I proposed several times in this forum to ask Dan to adapt crowd-sourcing model for CERTAIN custom features that people might want. For example, for this feature (to save all) I would gladly pay for, as it will save a lot of my time.

Any thoughts of asking Dan to do crowd-sourcing custom features on demand???

bluebeat

Save all VST settings within a saved song....
I thought somebody would reply to this.

Ok, maybe I am not doing something "in flow"... maybe somebody can enlighten me with a better way?

Scenario example:
40+ different tracks saved in Varranger with all kinds of  variations in instruments / channels in VST .
Two different VST programs are used.

As it stands now I open the song and then have to locate and load the two particular VST states that were saved in VA for this specific track out of MANY saved states. Only then it sounds as I intended.

I proposed that Dan makes option to save  "VST states" together with the song. So if you saved those states, VA will recall these states when song is opened.

Can somebody please comment on this?  Hopefully Dan can comment on this as I have asked similar question several times and it was never answered.

Thank you.

Lylo

Dan

bluebeat

Dan! Great news!!!!!!!!!
This is one of my major nemessis issues with VA.

If you make it, I will contribute a little. Also, if you need me to beta test this feature when you make it, I will gladly do it.

olivier71500

Hello

Do you think it would be possible to assign VST states to arranger tracks as well ?
Up to now the best way would be to create GM bank to follow program change. But it requires too much memory as we need one bank per track.
In addition many VST don't support GM program change.

Olivier

lakere

I must say thank you to Bluebeat for asking Dan about this feature and also to Dan for his willingness to implement it.    I will be going all software; vArranger/built-ins sounds & VSTs.    I am very excited about it.    Using VSTs makes lots of sense as PC gets more powerful and cheaper.   This is going to make vArranger more versatile and powerful than it already is!!! 

Lylo

Yes but if this idea is good it's not the good way for use vArranger in live situation.
If you load and unload the vsti for each song you cannot switch the songs at the fly.
vArranger is an... arranger, not a daw and it's for that reason than Dan had not take this option until now.

bluebeat think it's easy to implement this feature because he thinking not "real time" in live gig as ballroom... Dan want vArranger for this use.

But if Dan say it's ok for the idea, why not, in first time is a good feature and for my electrojazz project is a good news because I don't need to switch between tunes at the fly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olivier, I said that in the french forum many time, you can change the vsti sound with no program change if you host him by a vsti as Patchwork from Blue cat audio or VIP from Akai, this plugins work with program change.

bluebeat

Lylo, I think you are missing bigger picture here.

What I propose is the OPTION to save VST state/settings with arrangements. NOT by default. You do not want=you do not save and use old method of "startup load state" or "load state when VA is open"

Daw has nothing to do with it.  There are many uses for Varranger and this feature will save a lot of headache for different songs, experiments, tryouts, backing tracks, unfinished work etc in VA as VST states will be saved to that particular arrangement.

olivier71500..... I believe in Kontakt you can create a GM compatible bank with program changes.  I talked to one engineer in Native Instruments and he explained that Kontakt is using complex memory algorithms so even with full bank it should not overwhelm modern computer. Unless you are using huge sounds :)

In any case, I truly hope Dan implements  the option of saving VST states.

Lylo

Yes and what is different from my opinion ?
It's a good idea for load the parameters for each track, Kontakt in track 10, Pianoteq in track 13 etc. but if the another song Kontakt is in track 13 and Pianoteq in track 16 you have some latency for load the new state.
And how have you use Kontakt ? You have many use possible, Kontak with one instrument in one channel, Kontakt with some instruments in 16 channels, Kontakt with instrument bank in omni mode or on a specific channel etc.

So yes, your idea is good but Dan have certainly this idea befor you but he search a another way more efficient and turned to future.
Your idea is good, Dan answer it's ok for implement in vArranger, me I'm happy because for my project is a honest solution but it's not "the" solution because it's not ok for change the songs at the fly. 

My 2cts.

bluebeat

I believe the situation you are describing is easy to overcome.
You just save a duplicate but with "VST state save" checked or unchecked.
And save LIVE songs to one folder and Non-Live to another.
When you click "Save Song" Dialog opens every time with arrangement title editable, So when you add a letter or a number to it, you will not make a mistake in the main name.
That way you will know that LIVE folder does not have VST state saves and will follow general rule of "Load on startup of VA"

P.S. And about your comment " turned to future"... The future is super fast computers and loading VST states on the fly would not be an issue :)

But as of now, it will be a very nice, time saving  feature to have.

Lylo

My computer for the live performance is a 2,2ghz from year 2010 and I want use it again many years.
But I'm ok with you, before another features more efficients this is a good option and I hope is coming soon.  :)

lakere

Yes, I'd love see this feature in vArranger asap.   It will only make vArranger more powerful!   Computers are more powerful and cheaper than ever before.    This is a good move for vArrnager.   

bluebeat

Hi Dan.
Any news on the save VST / effects states with song? I desperately need this feature as right now it is very awkward  There should be a way to save/open complete project in one  step. You mentioned new release of VA. Will save ALL option will be there?

Please let us know.
Thank you.

bluebeat

Feel a bit like talking to emptiness....
Seems as people here enjoy saving their projects in many steps and opening them in the same manner...
...some people just loved their abacus and could not let it go when electronic calculators arrived... nostalgic tactile reflexes I guess.

Dan please, "save/open" songs (projects) in one step. All the functions are there, this should not take long to program batch save.
Kindly, be a man of your word.
Thank you.

olivier71500

As I used yamaha arrangers since 20 years I think I would prefer registrations .
You store different states of songs into registration memory and then save registration
As a result you can change everything (vst , dsp , volumes , sounds , ....) with only 1 button in live situation

bluebeat

Regardless how you call it. "Save ALL"  should be a part of song, not crawling many poor designed menus to OPEN / SAVE project. It could be as something else too, but the core of save functions should be in place. You SHOULD be able to save settings to a song. So when you open it, it sounds exactly as the way you left it.
I am not very sure WHY DAN IS NOT ANSWERING THIS.... Dan, PLEASE "SAVE ALL" option, This should not be hard programming. It should have been available loooooong time ago.  Kindly add "save all" function as you promised. I have dozens of projects, now multiply that by all "VST states" It is getting very ridiculous.
You focused to make your program simple and clean. Do not betray your own philosophy.
Thank you.

bluebeat

Hi Dan. I am having tremendous difficulty understanding why this is ignored...
I spent more time writing about this than it would take to program the "save" feature.
What is the point of making customers sad? Does not bring good Karma. I offered to pay to make this feature available and be a guinea pig beta tester... what else do you need?

P.S. Since it seems that OcTaVe changes as requested by many will not happen any time in foreseeable future. At least make this save option happen. All functions are there. Should be no more than 1-2 hours of coding.

Dan

My friend, you don't need to ask the same thing every day, as I already know about your need.
Of course the feature is not as simple as you think
And of course I will add a way to reload VST with song / sound preset

bluebeat

Dan, Thank you for answering, but I have requested this feature long ago in different post too.
If you remember, about 5 month or so I showed you the problem with list of VST saves ans scrolling through them....  In combination, I have over 150 VST save states and hopefully, if I live long, much more to come :) 
I do not believe I am asking much, especially something not terribly complicated (tricky, but not complex) that would benefit many users.

If you can give me approximate, but believable time frame when this "save project / save all" feature will be done, I promise to shut up :)

P.S. I feel as my tools for music making are yin yang. BIAB has waaay too many menus/options.....VA does not have some basic core functions (normal way to save projects)
Let me know.

Thank you.

Lylo

bluebeat, I'm sorry but I tried to explain you this function need more than one or two hours for be implented in vArranger. You seem forgot I ask Dan for this function from three or two years ago and if Dan cannot realize that it's because is a major update and a difficult challenge. Never forget also that Dan use vArranger himself on stage, I think he need also save the vsti patch.
And in the serial "forget", never forgotten that vArranger is principaly an arranger and many users have some differents needs, someone want an style editor, another want an audio entry, another one want most compatibility with the SD1000 etc. Dan want to try satisfied everybody and conserve the stability of vArranger.
The function we need is a standard function in vst host as Cantabile, BloXpander, Forte (recently discontinued), Vip, Intone 2, Element, Patchwork etc.  so some softwares exclusively dedicated to host vsti and some minors functions as play mp3 and midifile but not arranger function. And yet in this softs with a cost between 50 to 200€ haven't some functions finding in vArranger and I prefer use vArranger to host the vsti for my project electrojazz (but with Patchwork or VIP for change the patchs of the vsti).

bluebeat

Lylo, what I am asking for is not hard to implement.
Batch VST/Effect tied to song name. And a small button "load complete state for THIS song"
I am not asking to remake how it is already working, just add the function of Batch saving / loading settings for the song.
Another words,  program derives the name of the file for example "SillyPop.sty" and when settings are saved creates a file "SillyPop.STATES" or similar.
So when you open your song "SillyPop" it has a RELATION to specific settings/states that can be loaded or NOT in one click.

Everything what I am asking for is there already, just need to be put in one basket.

Lylo

So if I understand you, if Dan cannot install your idea in vArranger it's only because he doesn't want the best for vArranger, yes it's a good and simple explanation.  :)

bluebeat

Lylo, this is not "my" idea, this is common sense.
There could be many reasons why Dan does not implement this... He does not say why and I honestly do not know but here are a few reasons:

A)He does not have time to work on VA
B)Aliens preventing him from doing it
C)The pool of his customers is nearly complete, no financial point of investing into it.
D)He developed allergy to programming
E)He, himself does not need this feature
F)Not enough people are on this forum to "vote" for ideas.
G)He has something else in mind, but does not know how to approach it.
H)He likes people getting emotional and frustrated.
I)He wants surprise everybody soon by making some fantastic changes to VA.
J)Dan left to live in remote island and his answers are AI generated.
K)Russian KGB agents are not letting him improve program.
L)He is starving because people are not buying VA as they used to and just does not have stamina to do programming.

Lylo, here are a few alternative reasons. I probably missed some.... You are welcome to continue the list :)

Lylo

The list is good, I think it's for the B or K reason, all another hypothese are fancy.  :)

Dan

bluebeat

That might be the case.

But also "J" Because it seems I am asking a direct question and get very blurry robo answers.

bluebeat

BjayG

Frankly I'm not in favour of just another ad-hoc botch - I want a proper, fully thought out professional solution to registration loading.

Anyway - for those of you that use VST's and want improved loading times of pre-configured VST setups - I have come across this fairly new VST host.     I have been using it for a month (not with vA I should add) and I am very impressed.   It works on Mac/PC and it claims to have instantaneous loading of VST setups.    To explain this: you set up your required VST configurations/presets and store it in a so called Rackspace.    You can load multiple Rackspaces at the same time (even containing different VSTs or presets) and the loading time when switching is 'instantaneous'.

https://www.gigperformer.com/

I hope this helps someone.

Barry

bluebeat

Barry, I believe our needs are a bit different. Project save and registration are different. What I am asking for, is basically relations of the settings(states) to particular song(project). Not really sure how people are getting by.
I have over 80 projects times 2 or 3 VSTs for each song with different settings. It is HELL locating and loading individual save states to particular song. They had to be linked or a possibility to link them when VST option in VA was created. Not exactly sure why it is taking so long to make this happen.

Lylo

BjayG, great news for me, I thinked that Gig performer is only for Mac. In alternate we can use VIP from Akai or Patchwork from Bluecat. Patchwork is good but doesn't work in multichannel with one instance. Do you know if Gig performer can do it ?

BjayG

Hi Lylo,

I've been using the Windows version for a month and it seems very good indeed - in fact I think its my dream come true with using VSTs.    There is also a free trial available - so you can really get to try it on your machine.   

Here is a link to a video introducing it  :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msAKZX6moKg

I also tried VIP from AKAi - but got frustrated with it as it didn't seem very stable (lots of hangings or crashes - or maybe it was so slow in what it was doing I thought it had crashed!).  I also get the impression from the web that Akai are bit slow in fixing problems.  Not the case with Gig Performer - one of the developers actually rang me in the UK from the US.

BTW:  I actually feel that GP would probably fix Bluebeat's problem too.

Barry

bluebeat

I can see how Gig performer can be useful, but I do not believe it will resolve the main issue.  Main issue I am having is "relation" of a song/style in VA to VST states.
This program will batch save / batch open VSTs but without relation to VA styles it will require to open this host and locate saved snapshot.  If for example you have 100 songs and 80 VST saves in gig performer, you still have to locate your song and then locate corresponding VST batch save file.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

olivier71500

I suppose a complete "professionnal" Registration (or states) solution into VA should take a lot of times.
I don't think it's just batch commands and may be the reason why we don't have it into VA2

bluebeat

What I am asking for is a way to save VST states (hopefully VST effects too) in ReLaTiOn to a style/song. All the features already in VA. It should not be hard.

BjayG

Hi Bluebeat

You wrote:
This program will batch save / batch open VSTs but without relation to VA styles it will require to open this host and locate saved snapshot.  If for example you have 100 songs and 80 VST saves in gig performer, you still have to locate your song and then locate corresponding VST batch save file.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Its difficult to understand what you actually need.   But there has been some discussion on the Gig Performer web site about some ex Brainspawn Forte users who have 300 songs they want to include in a gig file.   I am still new to GP - but as far as I can see it doesn't seem to matter what combination of VSTs you use - they could all be included in the same gig file.  I personally would have thought there was a memory question - but they say that GP dynamically deals with it by some sort of pre-emptive loading.   You then activate the current RackSpace as they call it (i.e. one set of VSTs  [i.e. song]) using a Program Change message - so you do not need to keep reloading the files manually using the operating system - they could be activated dynamically.   It really does seem to be a clever program - and its worth testing out in their trial period.  As I say though - I am still very much a beginner with GP.

To be honest - I'm slightly surprised that you have got yourself in this saving muddle.    I would have thought it would not have been sensible to keep forging ahead creating yet more song setups without a solution to the saving problem being obvious or forthcoming.   I also don't feel that what you are asking of Dan is trivial.

Barry

bluebeat

BjayG.

I believe I am being very clear about the save feature.
When I create a song template, I use a combination of SF2 bank + 2/3 VST plugins such as Kontakt, Sampletank etc for voices.
I always change things around, instruments / effects etc in SF2 and VST. There no IDENTICAL VST settings for the projects I am doing.
VA saves SF2 related voices / volumes in "save song" AND opens them correctly, but NOT VSTs states, which account for at least half of the voices in my projects.
Each VST state has to be  SAVED and later LOCATED and OPENED separately for the project.

As of right now, I got about 60 completed Song projects and about 30 I am working on in VA. List GROWS. Now multiply 90x3 and you get a list of 90 songs PLUS 270 save states(!!!) that have NO direct RELATION to the song projects. Honestly, I do not know how to explain this better...

I think what is happening here is that there are two kinds of people who do not reply to this thread.
1) People who do not visit this forum (majority)
2)People who only use a couple of VST states for most of their projects.

In any case, I believe I am asking for a basic core feature that is important and in my case #1 enemy with VA.
P.S. #2 enemy is Octave changes on specific bars :)

Lylo

bluebeat, for an another time I try to explain to you.
You forgot the priority for Dan to vArranger, the stability. I think the basic save option you purpose isn't a good way for Dan because it must create some issues. vAsynth is very simple, one synthe with one format of samples in ram memory, the computer is as a hardware machine with flash memory. But with vsti you have multi format, streaming, and a lot of giga of samples managed by the computer.
So Dan cannot open this new feature without tests, and without the best way.

But I'm think also you have not use your vsti in the best way because I use vsti in vA sinces three years and I use only vsti with program changes, for the principal vsti of my electro jazz project, Transfuser, I use Patchwork for change the states in stage and all work well (Pianoteq, Sampletank 2.5, Kontakt, Alchemy, Independence, Transfuser, Lounge Lizard, Minimogue, AAS plugin and more...)

bluebeat

Lylo. I helped to develop a complex site with thousands of items with dozen corresponding values going in and out. For years, I never had an issue with it. I am not a programmer, but I have a  pretty solid idea of what is involved in doing what I am asking for. It is not complex or takes long.  It should have been done from the start. Stability is NON issue in this case.

NO DAW that I know of does not save VST presets to project. Yes, I know you are going to say VA is not a DAW. Ok, another example for you. There is no Document program that would not save document without image if you insert one. My list can go for a long time.

Lylo, please do not defend Dan. If he charged $80-$100 for his software (like Band in a box for example), we could have talked how well he is performing, but asking as much as he does, things have to improve. Especially core things. I hope Dan is reading this and will follow on the promise.

Dan

My main issue that still need thinking about is that vArranger is internally highly managing and optimizing every midi and vst parameter call for each track

Recalling a full block of VST breaks my actual optimisation algorithm, and I need to delimit well this part.

Also, some VST are working with MIDI program changes , some with VST programs, some with VST parameters changes, some with VST chunks (save full states)... and I need to take care about all type of VST

Also, the bidirectional VST controllers need to be refreshed

Also need to smartly determine what VST to save / recall and what VST to not recall when changing song

Also need to think about recall some VST by SOUND and recall some VST by SONG and check to not do both if save VST is saved in a song and in a sound

And more implications....

But true... I have to do it the sooner, so VST can be used with more comfort

bluebeat

Dan,
interesting points, but you probably know regardless of VA optimization, there is just no chance that full scale VST states will load on the fly one after another.
Computers are not there just yet. And when they are, in a few years, still most of VA users will have an i7 / 16gb memory hardware on average. That will not be enough regardless of optimizations.... To load 4-8gb(or more) of software and sounds instantly :)

What I am asking for, is most likely not for live performances.
What you have now: All VST states can be loaded on start or individually after program has started. I am not asking to undo or diminish that. What I am asking for is to create a relations between song(or style) and VST states.  It will take 10-20 to load no matter how the program is optimized. I know that.

The easy and common sense solution would be to to have check mark on "save song" menu for complete VST states snapshot. + Small button somewhere "load all states for THIS song" after you reopen the song. On default it will use whatever you have saved as a startup configuration. Once you press the button it will load states associated (saved) specifically for that song. This will not overwrite "load on startup" states. 

I do not believe this should break anything. This is what I am doing now, just very "manually"

bluebeat

Sorry Dan, I had some strong coffee today and just had to write this:

Some folks are polite and supportive   
some folks like the cheese on their bread
some folks despise dopey monkey labor,
such as counting the sheep before bed.

For instance we take V.Arranger
It has all the whistles and chimes
But sometimes it makes me suspicious and sullen
My anger as bitter as limes.

It's morning or night on the outside...
I am starring at laptop display
Oh Danny boy, those pipes loudly calling!!
To make V.Arranger improvements today.

Lylo

Quote from: bluebeat on April 23, 2018, 04:57:39 PM
Lylo, please do not defend Dan. If he charged $80-$100 for his software (like Band in a box for example), we could have talked how well he is performing, but asking as much as he does, things have to improve. Especially core things. I hope Dan is reading this and will follow on the promise.

Band in a Box, yes very good software but I'm sorry, the price is 80$/100$... each years for the update, so the cost is easy the double. And I find incredible you don't understand the Dan answer. Me to I want this function but if Dan said it's not simple I believe him and I'm be patient, and I finding a solve to go in stage with my vsti. It's strange you don't understand that, the save vsti will come in vA but... someday. 

bluebeat

Lylo, I find it amusing that you do not realize as well that it is beyond Dan's power to make full VST blocks to load on fly. No mater what "optimizations" he makes. You can be as patient as a turtle, this will not help.
Maybe when we have i12 computers with 60gb of RAM..... maybe. But if my memory is not collapsing, I believe that you have older machine and I believe you said that you intended to use it for a much longer time.

I would estimate that  we would have such computers in about 3-5 years, if things go right way. With trade fights between USA @ China, it might take longer. And once we do, I seriously doubt that lucky VA owners will run and buy one right away :)

All I am asking for is association of VST states + songs. And Lylo, if you read my post, I clearly said that I do not believe it will be suitable for live playing.
That should not be hard to implement.

Lylo

"That not should be hard to implement" but Dan cannot implement some features (in french) "au petit bonheur", the feature should be a step for the future, not a draft.

bluebeat

Lylo.... this "future" will be in 5-7 years for average VA user.
Associations of VST states to corresponding "song saves" can work for these long years until average VA user gets a computer fast enough to switch 10gb files on the fly.
What I am asking for is not a difficult task. Any hobbyist programmer will prove me right.
What you hope for, yes, it is more complex...but the main issue with what you and some other folks want would require much faster machines. Right Dan?

fazfaz

Lylo,

As-tu obtenu une réponse à ta question ci-dessous ?

"BjayG, great news for me, I thinked that Gig performer is only for Mac. In alternate we can use VIP from Akai or Patchwork from Bluecat. Patchwork is good but doesn't work in multichannel with one instance. Do you know if Gig performer can do it ?"

Lylo

Je pense qu'elle est liée à l'idée que je peux essayer le plugin pour que je le découvre par moi-même.  :)

fazfaz

C'est vrai que l'on est jamais si bien servi, etc...... :)

bluebeat

Please do not hijack this important thread. Gigperformer does not save relationship to VA songs/styles. 
This topic is:
Hoping Dan will implement this relation of VST and styles with manual load mode or similar soon.

fazfaz

lakere

I really like the idea of going all software as vArranger itself is software.  I've got lots of VST instruments and it would be really great to see this feature implemented. 

Quote from: bluebeat on April 26, 2018, 11:17:10 PM
This topic is:
Hoping Dan will implement this relation of VST and styles with manual load mode or similar soon.

bluebeat

Shepherded got drunk and snores like sailor
sheep running wild, grew set of shArp teeth...
They need fresh meadows and shelter from freezing 
before they can give fluffy wool, milk or meat.

Dan, any news save feature?

BjayG

Shepherded got drunk and snores like sailor
sheep running wild, grew set of shArp teeth...
They need fresh meadows and shelter from freezing
before they can give fluffy wool, milk or meat.

Hmmm!!   Bluebeat - do you suffer from headaches?     :)

I agree with you that Dan is not good at responding to things (an understatement!) - but I don't feel that bullying him is helping either!    It is what it is - and you will either get what you want or you won't (frustrating - but that's life).  In the meantime there are lots of other people who want Dan to do things too - and I don't see why you should get priority over anyone else by browbeating him.

Sorry
Barry

bluebeat

Barry, I do not have headache currently. With my posts I just want to show that I spend more time in "reminding" than it takes to put something in place that was supposed to be there from the start. I do remember the times me of Windows 3.x on older machines. Every time you had to manually do a selective boot set of drivers etc. I do not want to go back to that 20+ year old way of computer philosophy. I want to be able to save my projects and open them normal way. Is this too much of asking of 2018 software? I want to do more music and not worry about lost settings. Seems like Dan is actively helping people with specific glitches bugs of their IniViDuAL hardware that will be outdated in couple of years,  rather then invest this time to do something that would benefit most. Bullying=NO   Observing=YES
I admit I am not politically correct, but feel sorry if you do not get my humor.

v.muller

Perhaps it would be enough to write:
Wait, I'm working on it.

Lylo

bluebeat, for the last time, I talk to Dan about this feature since 3 years, so, a long time before your request. If Dan said it's no simple for find the better way for the save function it's the true. You forget the story of vArranger, the software is not initialy created for the vst but only for use SD2 Ketron. Dan alone know how improve his software, not you, not me. It's difficult to accept this because we love vArranger but you must be patient, as BjayG I don't think is a good idea to hurt Dan, the improvments don't go faster.
My two cents.

bluebeat

Lylo,
It is just funny. Maybe you do not understand something....
Dan was right when he mentioned that full registration save/load would take long time. Dan can NOT tweak VA or fix that. Because it is simply how computer processes data. You need much (MUCH!!) faster PC to do that (full VST loads on the fly)
What I am asking is a manual batch load / save (that has a RELATION to the style or song) that is probably not very useful for life performance, again unless you have a VERY fast machine.

Actually, I met a good friend programmer (yesterday) He is talented and manages software far more complicated than VA. Out of curiosity I mentioned the problem I am having in VA and explained a bit how it works. He has the same opinion as I, that what I am asking should not be a complicated task.

P.S. I worked with 3 individual developers/coders when I designed my site, which involves a complex database and mathematical features that had to be custom coded. I have a pretty good understanding that save option that I proposed for VA would take 1-3 hours to make, given that all the functions ALREADY exist. And they are!

No modern program that I know of would NOT allow you to save/open complete project in one step. Think about this for a moment.

bluebeat

P.S.S. Lylo, I also love VA for many reasons. And I do appreciate and credit Dan as pioneer in creating universal  program that can do a lot of interesting things.
BUT it is like a delicious pie that is not well baked at edges. 

If there was a guarantee that the feature would arrive in a few month, I would shut up and patiently wait, but as you mentioned YeArS....
It just hurts me that program with such great potential,  stands still.

Lylo

Yes bluebeat, I think it's easy for Dan but you know, contrary lot of developper he wan't install some feature who make some bug after install. Perhaps can you grab on the net "Live Styler", so you got perhaps a save option for vst and a lot of bugs and you will be happy.  ;)

Edit : writed after your last post.  ;)

:)

bluebeat

Lylo,
This is wrong direction for this conversation.  I am trying to advocate to make program better for many (at least some of us). You are advocating for Dan.
When you have a toothache every time you eat you go to a doctor to fix it, not hoping that if you stop eating candy it will go away, advocating that body heals itself.

Take a breath my friend, I am not your enemy.

Lylo

Yes bluedid I know you are not my enemy. :)
I just want say I am a customer of Dan since 2009 and many features in vArranger are includes from my suggest.
And at the beginning the update come quickly but the software is not simple now and the way for the new features more difficult if Dan want always a robust software.
And for me the only solution is to be patient. :)