Varranger2 can send Midi Sync Clock to E-RM multiclock? - Current setup too slop

Started by edelklang-lang, January 06, 2018, 08:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edelklang-lang

Hello Dan,

Can Varranger2 work as a midi master to send clock to tgis great piece oft gear?
https://www.e-rm.de/multiclock
I wonder if that helps, as using Native Instruments Maschine as a VST inside Varranger2 produces Midi delay (vor jitter), using Native Instruments Maschine inside Gig Performer (vor any other live VST host like Cantabile or Brainspawn Forte) which acts as a Midi slave to Varranger2 produces the same delay or jitter.
I want to use Varranger2 perfectly tightly synchronized with NI Maschine for mixing style based entertainer live playing with EDM coming from Native Instruments Maschine with plug-ins such as Reaktor etc. Mainly Maschine and Varranger2 have to be tightly together.
Does the Ketron SD1000 by the way support Midi clock sync out for passing midi clock out to other gear like drum computers?

edelklang-lang

Attached an mp3 of Varranger running as sync master to Gig Performer with NI Maschine and Kontakt 5 Vintage organs loaded.
Maschine and Varranger are totally out of sync after a few bars.
I improvise with the Vintag organ sound over a Roland BK7m style out of the Ketron SD 1000. I keep in tempo with Varranger (and it´s sound module, the Ketron module) while I don´t get distracted by the NI Maschine drum patterns which are out of sync.
Anti - enjoy!

Dan

Old Topic...
Hosting plugins inside vArranger host will get a better sync, as VST sync is a lot better than midi sync
We also have just corrected a problem with the MIDI OUT SYNC