News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

save vst options

Started by tthoms, January 02, 2018, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tthoms

Hello,
with the newest vA2-software (v1.18.02) one has the possibility to save the vst options as bank or as preset in the VST-OPTIONS window. What is the different between this two store possibilities? Wich one should I use to save for example the TAL-REVERB-4 parameters?
Wich of the startup config is loaded, bank or preset, on starting the vA2?
Could someon explain here the functions for store and load in the vst option windows in detail. Perhaps there will be a description for the vst bank/register concept on the internet, then please write here the url. 
Thanks.
Thom

Dan

The VST decide what to save for the PRESET or BANK
Usually it is always better to try first with the PRESET only. Most of the time it is enough and lightweight.
Some VST has many presets included, and can save a full BANK with the BANK SAVE
In vArranger, you can decide to save a PRESET as STARTUP or a BANK as STARTUP .
If the 2 exists it will reload first the BANK then the PRESET

tthoms

Hi Dan,

thanks for the explanation. So if I have right understand the BANK can contain the PRESET's if more than one exist. If one save the parameters only with BANK-Save and the vst has no bank then it can happens that nothig is saved. Is that right? So the best will be, to press both the BANK and PRESET buttons. I can not understand the statement that the user should decide which button he should use, when on the other hand the vsti will made the decision. Sorry that I did not understand that. Could you explain it for me. Thanks.

Thom

Dan

The VST decide what to save with the BANK and PRESET, so you can't be sure until you test it for each VST
First try saving the PRESET, and see if it is enough to get back what you want.
If it's not enough, something is missing, try BANK

bluebeat

Hi Dan.
Since we are on the topic... Please see attached image. In the "Save VST" window, I can not scroll down. There is more "saved" items than window fits and there is no scroll bar...
Is that something on my machine or it is a bug?
P.S. I tried using keyboard and mouse. With keyboard, it goes down "blindly" meaning, list does not go up, so you can not see what is saved after the border of the window.

Please let me know.

Thank you,
M.

bluebeat

Dan, do you think you can answer this for me....please.
Is this something within my system or it is a bug?
Thank you.

Dan

I am creating vArranger with Windows font size configured at 100%
If you change this, Windows decide to change the size of all graphics elements.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028566/windows-10-change-the-size-of-text
There is probably ways to improve this and design every screen for each DPI and font size configurations... but uh....

bluebeat

Dan, what about making a scroll bar? I save VST presets for every track... in current scenario it is only possible to save as much as that small window fits... the other "saves" disappear  under, without being visible...

bluebeat

Dan, if the "scroll" is not easy fix is there a workaround to save more presets for my backing tracks then window fits?
Right now, it only allows to save 18 preset/startup configurations, all other go to the bottom, where you can not see them... So I always overwrite some things to save new presets...
Please let me know if there is a reasonable workaround for this.
Thank you.

Dan

I just sent you a new version to see if the scroll is better now

bluebeat

Dan, thank you... but it did not work (scroll) I sent you a personal email with short video (7mb) to show exactly what I mean.